have anyone used the menstrual cup

Options

Replies

• kathymillard1970
    Options
    I use it all the time and love it. It is easy to use and great time and money saver,
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Anytime I feel hungry today I think I'll just refer back to this thread to curb my appetite. Thanks pals!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    honestly I never heard of it??
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been using them for four years now.

I could never go back! I started early once and was forced to spend some precious laundry quarters on a tampon machine. I CAN NOT BELIEVE the rest of the world puts up with those things. I never had a real problem with them before I made the switch, but going back was pretty mind blowing. How uncomfortable!

As a college student, my cups have saved me a ton of money. I lurked forums full of tips, advice, and ravings before I made my purchases. I bought the Diva, Lunette, and LadyCup over a few months' time. I gave my Diva away - too long. Lunette is by far my favorite in terms of capacity and the stem (I forget the thing is in, it's so soft), but took some practice to get it in place/popped open properly, because of its softness. The LadyCup is firmer and pops in with zero hassle, but it also has a slightly smaller capacity. I love them both! I haven't had to replace any of them. Money well spent!
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had never hear of these until I read this post. I am on a contraceptive pill that has stopped my cycle altogether so I don't need one at the moment. However, even in the future I'm not sure I'd fancy it. Wearing them lower down than a tampon just sounds uncomfortable, they also sound much more fiddly and surely they're mess when you pull them out? At least with a tampon it's all trapped in the cotton, the idea of pulling out a loose cup of fluid sounds a bit icky and very messy =s
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    interesting...someone told me about this and i thought it was weird, but now i might try!
  • TOPSrainee
    TOPSrainee Posts: 47
    Options
    A menstrual cup??? WTH???
  • TOPSrainee
    TOPSrainee Posts: 47
    Options
    Anytime I feel hungry today I think I'll just refer back to this thread to curb my appetite. Thanks pals!

LOL! Exactly!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Turtlehurdle your response has made my day, LOVE it! :laugh:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I am constantly disappointed by women who are disgusted by what is a perfectly natural bodily function.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have heard of them a few years ago when researching reusable nappies but finally bit the bullet three months ago.

Being in the UK I went with the mooncup. One thing you can do is trim the stem but I did mine a little too short. First couple of times it got stuck but following the instructions I got it sorted. I have found it is very comfortable and after a few mishaps very easy to use. I have a very heavy flow - need to use both tampons and towels the first few days but only needed the mooncup. It is also great on those days where your cycle is very light as it does not cause dryness.

I have also noticed my cramps are less severe and my period is a t least one day shorter. I would recommend it to anyone and when my daughers get to that age I will buy them one.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Although the reasoning wasn't good, things like this make me happy I had a hysterectomy at only 23. :laugh:
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    I may have to check into this......
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    bump will have to look into this .. never heard of before
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I had never hear of these until I read this post. I am on a contraceptive pill that has stopped my cycle altogether so I don't need one at the moment. However, even in the future I'm not sure I'd fancy it. Wearing them lower down than a tampon just sounds uncomfortable, they also sound much more fiddly and surely they're mess when you pull them out? At least with a tampon it's all trapped in the cotton, the idea of pulling out a loose cup of fluid sounds a bit icky and very messy =s

I've never had a problem with it being messy. It may be the first few times you take the cup our (or if the cup is really full) but it's always really easy for me to take out, rinse and put back in. And it smells a lot better than a tampon...or pad...yuck. Those smell foul. That is also another plus. A lot of women mention the smell during their period (especially with pads), but you don't have ANY odour when using the cup.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    ......and my period is a t least one day shorter. I would recommend it to anyone and when my daughers get to that age I will buy them one.

I was on the pill when I was using the cup so my period was very exact, but a lot of people say their period is a day or two SHORTER when they use a cup.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I am constantly disappointed by women who are disgusted by what is a perfectly natural bodily function.

Ditto.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    A menstrual cup??? WTH???

Bleached cotton that you shove up your hoo-ha?! WTH!?
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    However, even in the future I'm not sure I'd fancy it. Wearing them lower down than a tampon just sounds uncomfortable, they also sound much more fiddly and surely they're mess when you pull them out? At least with a tampon it's all trapped in the cotton, the idea of pulling out a loose cup of fluid sounds a bit icky and very messy =s

They are made out of medical grade silicone, so they mould to your body. I have actually forgot that I've been on my period because I can't feel it. Tampons, however, were uncomfortable for me. They don't just absorb blood, they absorb your natural fluids and dry you out. Not only that, they leave behind fibres inside you.

And I don't know about you, but I have a L-M flow and tampons always leaked slightly for me. And they were far ickier than the cup. Congealed blood on cotton, not to mention the horrible feeling of pulling it out? No thanks.

You shouldn't knock something unless you've tried it or it's guaranteed to be a bad idea.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    After reading all the rave reviews and watching the YouTube video I purchased one on Amazon...I would love to ditch leaky pads and not have to worry about leaking during workouts or swimming . I got express shipping it will be here tomarrow. I will get back you and let you know what I think.