Zombies, Run!

Options
2»

Replies

• kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up on my LG Spectrum, it IS available on Android!!!!
  • Tigger228
    Tigger228 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to try this out :) Thanks for the info! YAY ZOMBIES!
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I love Zombies, Run!

We even have a whole thread dedicated to it on The Geek Squid

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/543749-zombies-run-mobile-app
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I really want this but last I heard the Windows Phone does not support.......*Sob*
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I think you guys sold me on it LOL. Thanks!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I really want this but last I heard the Windows Phone does not support.......*Sob*

Fae I do think it is available for the Windows Phone, look here at the bottom of the website..... https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    I started using it when it came out for Android... it's awesome. Make sure you set up an actual playlist for running with short (3-4) minute songs, though.. otherwise you might get something too slow or too long, and the story part of the audio generally plays after you get through the length of one of your songs, so your mission lasts incrementally longer if you choose 5-6 minute tracks. For those of us new to running (*waves*) the missions can go waaayyy too long for comfort with the wrong songs. :)
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have it on my iPod touch but being a running newbie, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I needed something like the C25K app, that timed my running out to shorter intervals. But once I get up there in distance/time I'll definitely be using more of it.
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love it and it was worth every penny! Can't wait to see how the story ends! Trust me I have spent way more then $8 on stuff I never use, I have never regretted buying this!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    There's a group on here dedicated to this app. It a great app and soooo worth the money. ?Gets our whole family out for a run/walk almost every night!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I started using it when it came out for Android... it's awesome. Make sure you set up an actual playlist for running with short (3-4) minute songs, though.. otherwise you might get something too slow or too long, and the story part of the audio generally plays after you get through the length of one of your songs, so your mission lasts incrementally longer if you choose 5-6 minute tracks. For those of us new to running (*waves*) the missions can go waaayyy too long for comfort with the wrong songs. :)

Stopping by the store tonight to pick up an iTunes gift card (if I'm going to spend the money I might as well get fuel points for it right?!) and buying this app before my run tonight.

Thank you for the playlist advice, I'll definitely do that as well!
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    \
    I just checked out the website and theres a link for Windows Phone users...
    https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Love it. $8 is a lot for an app, but how quickly do I waste $8 on meaningless crap all the time? This got me running again, and happily. I really enjoy it.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have it & love it. I'm only walking at this point, but it helps
  • pagingdoctork
    pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have it on my iPod touch but being a running newbie, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I needed something like the C25K app, that timed my running out to shorter intervals. But once I get up there in distance/time I'll definitely be using more of it.

Yes, this! I got ZR for half price a few months ago, and it's just too difficult for me :( Especially the zombie chases! Also, the story sections just aren't motivational enough for me to keep a steady pace. Maybe after I finish c25k, I'll try again.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's such an awesome app, you will love it! I'm about completed about 8 story line mission and 2 supply run missions. This app is really worth the money, they put a lot of hard work into it and it will last you quite a long time.

You are a new member of a township that is trying to survive during a zombie apocalypse. You become one of the "runners" that picks up items, helps others and evades zombies for the township. You learn a huge story line that leaves you hanging after every run. After your run you get to apply the items you picked up to different areas of the town (ie/ the hospital, communications, armoury, recreations, food, housing, etc). This app is very detailed so you wont get bored, yet it's really simple and easy to work. It also syncs with your music or whatever else your listening too!

The settings to this program are great too, you can set your runs to 30mins-1 hour. You can also turn "zombie mobs" on or off. So basically you can just listen to the story or supply runs and never have zombies really chase you..they are around but not chasing you. Or your can turn on the zombie mobs and once in awhile you'll get some running after you and you'll hear a beeping noise as they get closer. If they do catch you, you drop some of your supplies that you collected for your township as a way to distract them.

Enjoy! It's so fun :D Even if your not a huge zombie fan..it's a great story to follow :)
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    When I did a search at the app store (iPhone) I didn't see a free version. From everyone's responses though, I may just spend the $8. I like to jog, but I still really struggle with it at times and this might just keep it interesting enough if the storyline is good.

I also didn't see a free version but I love the idea of running from zombies and that it gives you something to work towards I don't like the $8 and that there's a game that'll eat up my time outside of the "running missions" I don't want games, I just want to run...From Zombies.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this app!!

I am on Mission 10 now.... I do a combination walk/run... but now the story has me so involved I can't wait to exercise!