Made it (pics)

Options
SeaChele77
SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
Well - here I go....posting my success story. Its not some grand "Wow" story....but I'm kind of proud at my accomplishments. A bit of back story - I suffered ED for many years and I knew how I could lose weight quickly if I really wanted to. So the success of this story is not really a *lot* of weight lost, its more about the fact that I did it in a healthy way by running, weights and monitoring my diet better (lowering carbs (sugar) and increasing protein). While I still struggle with my triggers - I now have the strength to fight them and not give in to old habits!! I don't feel "skinny fat" anymore - I have definition and feel better than I have in many years. I bought the bikini in the pictrue a couple months ago and this past weekend I actually wore it.

35yo
5'9"

HW- The day before delivery - 171

39wks.jpg

HW (non-pregnant) - 155'ish * this picture was also after 3 months of a lot of running and exercising to get ready for my 10year anniversary cruise with the hubby. I didn't lose much weight in that 3 months, but I did tone a bit. I do not have a picture prior to that (I was always behind the camera when possible).

MFP2010.jpg

And finally - my goal 138 taken 2 days ago. Now onto maintenance and keeping/gaining definition! :bigsmile:

YellowbikiniJuly12.jpg

I am a scale *kitten* :laugh: but each day I realize its not always about the number. Yes, I'd like to be 133'ish again....but I don't want to struggle and fight to get there. I want to enjoy life, enjoy food and be happy with who/what I see in the mirror. I think 138-142 is a good number for me and having (some) muscles is a bonus!!

Thanks to all those who support(ed) me and best of luck to everyone on your individual journey! You can do it!!! :wink:

Replies

• xxxLuvMexxx
    Options
    Wow!! That is an accomplishment. I just started MFP and reading success stories is really getting me motivated. Good job!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Excellent job well done! You give me hope that if I have a kid that I will be able to get my body back! lol
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    woah..girl you are smokin!! you look great!!! :D
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look fantastic! Really great job!
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You look fantastic and I am glad to see you took the healthy approach. Kudos!! :flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Excellent example of appearance versus scale number :) Very well done, you look fantastic.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Remarkable.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am a scale *kitten* :laugh: but each day I realize its not always about the number.
    I am the biggest scale *kitten*!!!
  • guapogringo
    guapogringo Posts: 201
    Options
    Smokin! Way to take care of yourself!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I'm 5'7" medium build, and I am at perfect weight at 138-140. I wouldn't mind being heavier if it's muscle, but I found I was too slim at 133. Maybe just have your body fat measured (calipers) and take it from there! You look great, congratulations, how fun!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I know how tough it can be sometimes with the whole ED mind frame trying to come into play...congrats:drinker:
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Honestly, you even looked good in your pregnancy photo. When I'm close to delivery, I resemble Violet from Willy Wonka after she turns into a blueberry.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job, you look incredible.
  • Xandersmommy
    Xandersmommy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thats WONDERFUL! CONGRATS!!!!!!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Thanks everyone!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your scale and Non Scale Victories!!! That is an amazing accomplishment. It is so good to know that you are happy with the beautiful and healthy woman you see in the window :happy:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Honestly, you even looked good in your pregnancy photo. When I'm close to delivery, I resemble Violet from Willy Wonka after she turns into a blueberry.

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. What a fab pregnancy photo she had. I blow up when preggers as well. smh.
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Be proud, you look amazing.way to go:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!