I'm 28/F looking for similiar friends!

Options
I would love some friends that are successful in losing weight or in the same boat as me!

About Me
I joined MFP to lose weight, bottom line! I realized recently when swimsuit season creeped up on me, I don't feel comfortable enough to go to the pool. I've always thought I've looked fine, but it was going on a scale and saying OMG to myself when I knew I had to do something.

Some of the pics I have uploaded that are in bikinis are barely 2 years ago, but feel I've put on so much weight since then. I don't feel that I look as much as I weigh, but I do and it's discouraging.

At a recent doctor checkup, she suggested that I was overweight and I freaked out. I usually try to ignore the scale when they weigh me, but her confrontation was unavoidable. My doctor recommended I see a nutritionist and get on a workout plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting Weight: 180
Current Weight: 176
Goal Weight: 140

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why I Want To Get In Shape
BIKINI

My Inspirations
Feel confident about myself.
Look good for my man!

Replies

• lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can add me :-) I'm 27/F and slimming down for that bikini body, too! :-)
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    You can add me...although I'm no longer in my 20s :sad: LOL
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 28 too, and also live in CO. My doctor also recently told me that I should lose at least 20 lbs or more before getting pregnant again. (my daughter is 14 months old) I already knew that, but having a doctor tell you that you need to lose weight makes it so much more real... I once weighed 40 lbs more than I do right now, so I know what it takes, but it seems to be going much slower than it did the last time I lost weight steadily. I lost a total of 50 lbs before my wedding two years ago, so I know I can do it again if I put my mind to it!

Feel free to add me on here! I love having motivated friends on here, it keeps me motivated as well.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 with a similar start and goal. Like you, I was thin, but the weight crept on as my eating got worse and my metabolism slowed. 5 years ago, I was a size 8, and now I'm about a 14. I'm young, and I want to buy clothes that show off a bit rather than cover up.
  • angelbaby52102
    angelbaby52102 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation..I'm 26, getting married and going on a honeymoon in September so I am looking to shed some pounds before then..feel free to add me :)
  • mayaojeda
    mayaojeda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

You are not alone. I'm also 28, F, with 40 to go... I know my weight didn't creep on over night, so it will take a few years to get back to my ideal size. I just started last week using MFP and south beach diet to guide me on this journey.

Its been very difficult to find the right foods, but I have confidence in following a program as long as I follow exactly.

I am encouraged by the message boards to keep trying new things, so I can't give up when the food part gets hard.
    Just remember to keep healthy snacks and plenty of water near by.

Maya
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 31/F, starting weight was 163.... currently 150 with 5 more to lose! I'm getting healthy for my kids, and lets not lie, so I can wear a Bikini. I stared my journey last Aug, in total have lost 33lbs of fat! Let's do this together!
  • DantiaX
    DantiaX Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I got really sick three years ago and had to be on all sorts of steroids and business and I gained SOOO much weight during that period. I didn't even really realize it. I just bought new clothing. Then, one day, I woke up and realized I was wasting my youth by being unhealthy. I'm 27, married, and I'm a college student, so definitely seeing all the 18 year old freshmen didn't help either. lol. I've lost thirty pounds since I've started my journey and I have roughly fifty five more to go. I recently just started using MFP and I really like it so much already. I really think you can do it and I'd love to cheer you on. =)

I started weighing 258
    I currently weigh 229
    My goal is 180
  • mluntz
    mluntz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm 26, 5'6" starting weight : 165 current weight: 150. I have lost 20lbs since starting but gained about 4 or 5 back while on vacation. My goal weight is 140 to 135 and I also live in Colorado too.
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!

I joined MFP back in February of this year. I am the same age as you and I started exactly where you are now. There is hope, you can do it! My goal is also pretty much the same as yours I would like to be 135. I weighed myself this morning and I am now 144. All I did was use this site watched what I ate and did yoga and ran on my elliptical. Once you get into the habits it will get easier and easier. Don't forget to do your measurements as well as weigh your self. I found in the beginning I lost more inches than pounds.

I know what you mean about the swim suite thing. I went to the beach last week and for the first time in 8 years I felt pretty ok with wearing one. It's a great feeling. One I never thought I would have, I would have never gotten as far as I have without all my awesome supportive friends I have on MFP.

Feel free to add me, I am always looking for more positive friends to help each other on our weight loss journeys!

Cheers :smile:
  • jenypri
    jenypri Posts: 46
    Options
    Feel free to add me :o)
  • LauraL1183
    Options
    You can add me. =) I'm new to this and would love to have more people in my support system. =)
  • kirstywebster1
    Options
    Feel free to add me i'm 23 18 down 40 more to go! I have never worn a bikini and now that i live in southern California i want that to change! I want to be in one by christmas!
  • ABaggett2010
    ABaggett2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 26 CW is 195 GW is 170. I'm married and have two pretty babies :) I'm currently eating keto, and zumbaing twice a week....and dealing with hypothyroidism
  • jlaurena
    jlaurena Posts: 60
    Options
    thank you ladies!!! this is SO encouraging!! =) i can't add more than 5 every few minutes, but def want to be friends with you all so by this time next summer we can all hit the beach in BIKINIs together!! =)
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 22 and my goal weight is around 135. I started at 190 and am currently around 179.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    TOTALLY feel ya here!!! I've always felt the same way....never felt like I "looked" what I weighed but either way I'm not happy! I'm very active so losing weight is a struggle for me. Since I don't really gain easily it seems to make losing 20x harder!!!! Feel free to add me! I'm 30/F with 2 boys and love love LOVE to workout! :wink:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hi! Go ahead and add me! We've got very similar goals. I'm at 171 and trying to get down as far as it takes to be happy with myself in the buff. haha
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    28/F here :) I have a lot more weight to lose than you do, but feel free to add me if you like :)
  • dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!! I'd love to meet some new people on here. I'm 26 with two young children and I am almost the same exact weight as you are.