I have just found my new snack!!

Options
2»

Replies

• NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My kids' favorite summertime snack is frozen banana slices with just a dollop of peanut butter on each. I stick a toothpick into each and freeze. YUMMY!

I use nut butters in almost everything: homemade granola bars, oatmeal muffins, etc.

I'm stuck on putting a TBSP in the blender with my chocolate protein shake.

Yes! I will second this one. Frozen banana slices with PB is an awesome snack, especially when it's hot outside.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    <wail> 245 calories is a snack??? It's most of a meal's worth for me.

Tis lush though. It's my default breakfast of choice

Lol, I guess a lot of people will have to reduce the amount of PB on there bananas. I'm currently eating 2380 calories, so 200 to 300 is a snack for me whereas a meal can range from 600 to 700 calories >.<
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    GG Scandanavian crispbreads (2-3, 12 calories each)
    2 tblspoons natural peanut butter
    1 banana
    Cinnamon
    1-2 tsp honey

Spread the peanut butter on the crisp bread. Slice the banana, and place on top of the pb (4 slices per crispbread). Drizzle the honey on top of the banana, sprinkle with cinnamon.

Absolutely yummy and filling snack.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    one of my favs! also on apples. i'm lazy though, and i just eat the banana normally and put peanut butter on the top after each bite. :)
  • Lexdeze12
    Lexdeze12 Posts: 3
    Options
    PB2 is a powder but you add a little water to any amount you use and it becomes peanut butter spread.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love pb with banana's on toast. But I also like pb spread between to soda crackers, and pb in celery, you can even add raisins to it for kids and call it ants on a log. If you like apples and pb you'll like celery and pb.
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    <wail> 245 calories is a snack??? It's most of a meal's worth for me.

Tis lush though. It's my default breakfast of choice

Lol, I guess a lot of people will have to reduce the amount of PB on there bananas. I'm currently eating 2380 calories, so 200 to 300 is a snack for me whereas a meal can range from 600 to 700 calories >.<

Yeah 2380 a bit more forgiving than 1400. Oh to be taller than 5'. Lol
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    one of my favs! also on apples. i'm lazy though, and i just eat the banana normally and put peanut butter on the top after each bite. :)

This.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Granny smith apple slices dipped in almond butter is one of my favorite snacks. YUM!
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been having a lot peanut butter to up my fats, I couldn't find anything besides these Jacob Flat Breeds with Seeds to spread it on. They are quite thin and they are really nice.

I decided I wanted something with more nutrition in it, so I decided to try peanut butter on a banana. Best idea ever. Even though it was a pain to spread on, it tasted amazing.

I will be having this often. I just cut the banana in half, length ways and spread it on both of the inside of the banana. I had like 25g of peanut butter and a 7 inch banana which was 254 calories in total and a mixture of all macros, but if you want to increase your healthy fat intake and get some potassium, I suggest you try this if you haven't already.

Also, what other ways have you incorporated nut butters into your diet? I was thinking of adding it to brownies lol.
    Good idea!!!
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Fit Nutz? It's a powder. Is it gross? It looks gross lol