5'3" weight goal

Options

Replies

• rrsmith1298
    Options
    I am 5'3 1/2 and I want to be 130. I feel that weight looks best on my frame. I think I am probably medium built.
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    5'0" and currently at 132. For me, anything above 115 looks awful, and I look best around 105. I think it depends on your body size and how you feel :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I was 214 pounds and 5' 3.5" when I started my journey and I wanted 170 at first... then it went to 160, and now I am aiming for 147 - 150. I am currently staying around 153- 151. and am working on getting it to 147 - 150 to maintain. That still classifies me as "overweight" to BMI but I am going more on my feel and clothes :wink:
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2" and supposed to be 101-136 (or somewhere around that). My goal is 150. I dont think I was ever in the 101-136 range even as a child :)

Co-Sign

I'm 5'3", 43 years old with a very pear shape frame. I'm supposed to be a max of 141. I'd be thrilled with 150 and so would my doctor. Once I get there I'll see if I want to take it to 141. The lowest weight I have ever been is 137 and I looked sickly.

So... I think as long as your heathy and near the medical weight requirements, then your fine.
  • kate11233
    kate11233 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is 105, but I'm small framed.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was 214 pounds and 5' 3.5" when I started my journey and I wanted 170 at first... then it went to 160, and now I am aiming for 147 - 150. I am currently staying around 153- 151. and am working on getting it to 147 - 150 to maintain. That still classifies me as "overweight" to BMI but I am going more on my feel and clothes :wink:

^^^ This too
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm 5'3", but big hips, and I'm aiming for 120, BUT, I'm also exercising and if I look good at 130, I'll stop there. Good luck!!
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't know about this 100lbs for 5 foot, and add whatever for each additional inch... because that would mean I'm supposed to be at 115lbs... and I would look like death walking at 115lbs.

I've got a medium-large frame, so for me, anything under a *FIT* 135 lbs I look truely sick. You HAVE to evaluate your body composition!

I currently carry about 110lbs of non-fat weight (muscle, bone, tissue, etc), my overall goal is 140.

If I listened to this 100lbs for 5 foot and add per inch thing, they're saying I can only have 5lbs of fat on my entire body- like 4% body fat. REALLY?? I don't think so. :)

Be STRONG and HEALTHY! That's what matters!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", and am currently 154 (thanks to a new med in my life and stress). I was down to 132 at one point which I was totally happy with....my ultimate goal is to land low to mid 30's, but I honestly don't know if my body will allow it. Right now, I am taking a break with a very stress 2 weeks (a wedding and now VBS). Hope to get back at it next week.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 140. I'll see if I want to go lower than that when I get there. In high school, I was in the 130's, but my body has changed A LOT since then, mainly my hips becoming wider.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    A healthy range is 107-140 pounds. Where you should fall depends on how you are built.

I'm 5'3 and my goal is 135-140 (I'm currently a little over at 149). I have broad shoulders, broad hips, and a medium sized chest (34C). I have a solid build with muscular legs. I have friends that are the same height that weigh 120 and they look great too -- but overall they have smaller frames -- narrower shoulders and hips -- less muscular legs.
  • brookehutcheson28
    brookehutcheson28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.superskinnyme.com/body_type_calculator.html

This site has a fairly accurate body frame calculator. You want to set your goals based on your frame size. For example, for someone with a "large" frame, it may unreasonable to expect to weight 105 lbs. This really helped me to set my goals. Also, its good to meet with your doctor to discuss your plan and goals...he can give some realistic expectations for weight loss.

This site has alot of really good useful info for dieting and weight loss! :)

Hope this helps!
  • goldengodd3ss
    goldengodd3ss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is 135. Funny enough, I just posted something about this on my MFP wall.

135 is on the higher end of the BMI, but is still considered healthy. When I was at my lowest, 114lbs, I was in the worst health (no energy, always sick..) even though BMI considers it as healthy.

All I want to achieve is better health and I think 135 is fair. If I go lower, great, but I'll be happy with 135. :smile: BUT not 114.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal is between 145 and 150 then I want to work on toning and lowering my BF%.
  • kuvholt
    kuvholt Posts: 2
    Options
    Go to Tools -> BMI

According to the "healthy" Body Mass Index range, someone who is 5'3" would be "healthy" between 104 and 141 lbs.

That said I don't have a lot of faith in BMI as I am a 6'1" male with big bones/large frame. According to the BMI, my "healthy" range is 140 to 189. I don't think anyone built like me could possibly be "healthy" at 140 (and in High School when I was in great shape playing sports and 3 inches shorter I weighed 189, so I think 189 I would be too skinny)...

So in other words you have to use common sense and adjust, but BMI is a good place to start.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 140. That is the lowest weight I have sustained for any amount of time as an adult.
  • michaelamoodavies
    Options
  • Candyy_sma
    Candyy_sma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and 5'2 (1/2). My goal weight is between 110 & 118.
  • RAWBMEOW
    RAWBMEOW Posts: 64
    Options
    im 5'3 aiming for 120, im muscular frame though.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    5'3" currently 123-125 ish and pretty happy here.