Ladies: Favorite Skincare Products, Favorite Scent

Options
Romans624
Romans624 Posts: 822
Hi Ladies!!

I am trying to find some good new skincare products. I need a new good cleanser, moisturizer, toner, exfoliator, even some good masques would be cool! I definitely would like something to even my skin tone and prevent fine/lines/wrinkles (I have lines on my forehead already when I raise my eyebrows :frown: )

So tell me what you're using to keep your skin in good shape!!

Thanks in advance =)

:flowerforyou:

EDIT: lol... I was going to ask about fragrance too but I'm more interested in the good skincare... I do like light and sweet scents though and am looking for something good.

Replies

• GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    actually I have to really watch what I use I have allergies to some scented things. I do use a mosterizer and I love peel off face masks. my favorite scents are: vanilla, liliac to name a few
  • Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    Options
    Aveeno Positively Ageless
  • Romans624
    Options
    actually I have to really watch what I use I have allergies to some scented things. I do use a mosterizer and I love peel off face masks. my favorite scents are: vanilla, liliac to name a few

I love vanilla too. Its a comforting scent and it goes well with other notes.
  • banstett
    banstett Posts: 95
    Options
    Artistry!
  • CristaA42962
    CristaA42962 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try going on lush.com, they have wonderful skincare products!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use Mary Kay’s TimeWise series: moisturizer ($22) and cleanser ($18) for combination skin. I use their blemish fighting toner ($13) in order to prevent breakouts – I do still get a few every now and then. Usually during that week of the month. I also use Mary Kay’s – liquid foundation ($15) but I had a representative help me pick a color. I will buy all of these items once a year so it may cost a few dollars more but it’s definitely been worth it. Been using them for three years. None of them have scents though, which I like :)
  • Romans624
    Options
    Try going on lush.com, they have wonderful skincare products!

I will check that out! THanks for all the suggestions so far everyone... its so important to take good care of your skin :)
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My skin is veeeery sensitive so here's what works for me:

1)Spectro gel for sensitive skin (don't remember the cost, probably between 8-12$)
    2)Spectro gel hypo allergenic moisturizer (expensive but it WORKS. Cleared up my acne like you couldn't believe!! 17.99$)
    3)solugel (prescription, biiiig zits only! around 25$)
    4) BB light coverage cream... amaaazing. Has an SPF of 30 and evens out skin nicely. Basically a moisturizer with some tint :) (8-11.99 depending on store)
    4) NYC face powder (It's like 3$ at my pharmacy!)

This stuff has worked miracles for me. I have practically perfect skin now! :)

edit: Scent wise - I use the vanila and sweet pea sprays from Bath & body works :)
  • Romans624
    Options
    My skin is veeeery sensitive so here's what works for me:

1)Spectro gel for sensitive skin (don't remember the cost, probably between 8-12$)
    2)Spectro gel hypo allergenic moisturizer (expensive but it WORKS. Cleared up my acne like you couldn't believe!! 17.99$)
    3)solugel (prescription, biiiig zits only! around 25$)
    4) BB light coverage cream... amaaazing. Has an SPF of 30 and evens out skin nicely. Basically a moisturizer with some tint :) (8-11.99 depending on store)
    4) NYC face powder (It's like 3$ at my pharmacy!)

This stuff has worked miracles for me. I have practically perfect skin now! :)

edit: Scent wise - I use the vanila and sweet pea sprays from Bath & body works :)

I like that you have something to help clear breakouts. I break out once a month due to hormones. And I might want to try the #4 tinted SPF moisturizer too... want to go a little lighter than foundation/powder which I usually don't make time for anyhow.
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i use a lot of products in the dermalogica line. they are more pricey but are the best products i've ever used--my skin has never been clearer or more glow-y. they are a very research and science driven company and do not test on animals. most of the products have a slightly clinical feel (i.e. clean packaging and very little scent) so def not on the girly side--but EFFECTIVE!

http://www.dermalogica.com/us/index.html
  • Soulflwr
    Soulflwr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Avon Anew is the best. I was using Clinique which is an EXCELLENT skincare line, but I prefer Anew...the results for my skin has been much quicker and more dramatic dramatic.

I also like Dr. Brandt's poreless line, and Peter Thomas Roth's Body wash's...these two lines are on the pricer side though.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber anything.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My skin is really sensitive. I use Bobbi Brown moisturizer, face wash, and make-up too. I do like Lush as well.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Best face wash. Really gentle, but even gets off eye makeup. My favorite I've tried thus far.
    unnamed.jpg
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    I have tried dozens and dozens of products - I have very sensitive skin. I liked Dermalogica, but then I found Epionce. (sp?) Loved it but then had a case of serious sticker shock when I went to buy it. Then I tried Lancome products and I am officially in love. People have been telling me my skin is glowing for months now - it hasn't looked this good since I was 18. :)
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lady but PLEASE stop buying the cucumber melon stuff, so they stop making it.

HATE that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TISH27kidneytransplant
    Options
    I'm not a lady but PLEASE stop buying the cucumber melon stuff, so they stop making it.

HATE that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like my husband. I don't buy it anymore, cuz he don't like it!
  • CraftyPayne
    Options
    Bare Minerals , its great as all natural :O)
  • Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    Options
    I have tried dozens and dozens of products - I have very sensitive skin. I liked Dermalogica, but then I found Epionce. (sp?) Loved it but then had a case of serious sticker shock when I went to buy it. Then I tried Lancome products and I am officially in love. People have been telling me my skin is glowing for months now - it hasn't looked this good since I was 18. :)

Gotta ask --> What are you using from Lancome?

Thanks!