Need Motivation PLEASE!!!

Options
SOOOO... I am finding it extremely hard to stay committed to reaching my goal! I don't understand why I get off track. When I am working out and eating healthy, I feel GREAT! I can run/workout and eat healthy for 2 weeks straight, but then it seems like I get "bored" with it and go back to old habits. My husband is also taking on the same challenge of losing weight, and is doing an amazing job! When he was deployed after our son was born, I lost my "pregnancy weight" WHILE he was doing the same. I figured if we did it together this time (after having my daughter) then I would have he same motivation to lose it! BUT, it's just not the same. If anyone has any words of encouragment or any advice on how to keep motivated day to day.. it would be much appreciated!!! TIA!!:happy:

Replies

• NoSpandex
    NoSpandex Posts: 54
    Options
    That's a tough one. I have trouble staying motivated myself. I have found that when my husband and I are both trying to lose it is much easier for me. Of course, men lose a lot faster, so when he loses two pounds to my one, it's a little tough. Variety in the workouts helps me. I get bored with a workout very quickly, so I have to mix it up. Also, having a goal with consequences helps me. I register for a half marathon, and then I know that if I don't get the training in, I will risk injury so I am forced to do it. Also, my husband and I do training and races together sometimes and that makes it a lot more fun.
  • militarywife16
    Options
    A friend suggested I sign up for a half-marathon here also for the end of Sept. It would probably be a great idea! And yes, my husband loses weight a lot quicker, but he is also military and has PT every week so that helps with him:) I find it hard just because I am a stay @ home mom and I am a bored eater!
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was having that problem a few years back when I first started my journey. Then I decided that once a week I would have a cheat night. The one night a week I was allowed to eat whatever I wanted for supper and give in to the cravings I may have had that week. I didn't go too crazy and I usually found that by the time my cheat night rolled around I wasn't craving whatever it was at the start of the week. One crazy meal isn't going to mess you up, but a whole day could set you back. If you restrict yourself too hard then you tend to fall off the wagon. It was easier for me to stick to my diet when I knew I was allowed to have that craving, only I had to wait. I found that as time wore on even my cheat meals were healther and I didn't have as many cravings. For me is all about what I was allowed and not allowed the second I told myself I wasn't allowed to have "that" then I wanted it more.

As for bored eating I too am a suffer of that one. it is a nightmare! I now keep sunflower seeds in the house at all times. When I feel the urge to munch just because I am bored I grab a big glass of water and 2/3 of a cup of sunflower seeds. They run me about 190 calories, but because I have to crack them myself it makes the "treat" last all day. So much better then raiding the kids lunch snacks or destroying my fridge because I have nothing better to do. :)

And working out with my husband doesn't work for me, he has the metablism of a rabbit, and my constant worrying about how good he was doing and looking was setting me back so badly that I just decided not to worry anymore. I do my own thing and accept the fact that he is a man and will never have the same problem zones as me :) I suggested to him instead of doing it together and talking about it all the time, we will just go for a walk or bike ride together as a family and enjoy ourselves :)