Feeling bloated but still losing

Options
After feeling this way for almost a week I have to ask, has anyone ever been painfully bloated but still losing lbs? I'm drinking more than enough water with this heat and really didn't change my eating, except maybe less because I've been traveling and didn't want to eat junk concession food. For you females, I'm not close to my TOM either. My clothes feel tighter too (unless it's in my head), I feel overly full all the time and my stomach has been hurting on/off. I'm making myself eat what I am eating. Debating calling the dr but with how expensive it is even with insurance, I'm a little hesitant.

Replies

• SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Not to get too personal but are you constipated? If not, it could just be the heat/humidity and the travel. Both of those things bloat me.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Not constipated either. Forgot to post that. Maybe it is just the heat. Yuck...
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If the stomach issues don't resolve in another day or 2 (or get worse) I'd probably see a Dr. just to be safe.
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    How's your sodium intake? I keep that as one of the things mfp tracks on a daily basis for me. I'm impressed that you're still losing though--my high sodium days mean terrible weigh-ins.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I always seem to expand when I'm overheating, hopefully it's just the weather and you'll be back to normal soon :) Nice still to be losing though, keep hydrating.x
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    The heat and humidity is awful... Have you tried a little green tea with lemon or maybe just some lemon slices in your water to fight the bloat a bit?
  • MiniCooperDeb
    MiniCooperDeb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do you have a gluten sensitivity or allergy?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Try changing your diary settings to show your sodium intake and see if you have increased it recently. Usually when I feel bloated, either I ate gassy foods or I have had too much sodium and retaining water.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This could very well be your digestion that is causing the bloating. Look up alakline v. acid foods (google is great) and see how they differ for digestion. For instance, the most popular thing to eat in America is meat and potatoes. Ever notice how almost everyone feels a little bloated after eating this combo?? We it is because the meat needs one type of digestive environment to break down while the potato needs a completely different one... this causes the food to sit and ferment in your stomach as your digestive system works overtime to get the food broken down. I have had many digestive problems and have found that the right food combo works every time.

We really don't realize how much energy it takes to digest our food. If we are eating all highly acidic food, it is going to make us tired and our tummy will fill up with gases.... It is hard to make adjustments, but take a look and see if that could be your problem.

ALSO: drink lots of water but don't drink while you eat. People don't realize that drinking while eating could cause the food to move quicker though your system flushing out nutrients you need. AND if you have a sensitive digestive system this could be a key to helping you kick that bloated feeling!!

Message me if you have any questions, I speak from pure experience!!
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Heat & Humidity might be the culprit. I know here in AZ when its monsoon season, I swell up like a balloon! Just keep in hydrating and add lemon slices/wedges to your water - it will go away eventually. But I know its frustrating!
  • fluterific00
    Options
    you might check out Dr. Jeffery McComb's candidaplan website and see if you have any of the symptoms listed for candida on their site. The supplements are a bit expensive, but might help lesson the cost of future medical expenses by taking health issues out. Never hurts to look. That's how I lost 20 lbs so fast. Using this to loose the last 20.

also, hcl plls (Hydrochloric Acid Level) may help with bloating, but I am not sure of that.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    sometimes if i eat too much natural sugars (like a binge of grapes or cherries, both high in sugar) I will get painful gas and bloating. it has been so bad at times that i can't even stand upright without pain. it's strange but i've never had this happen from eating too much candy or drinking too much pop/juice (that I can remember anyway)... just fruits. anyway, look at your diet and see if you've had a lot of fruit recently, and if you think that could be it, invest in some Gas-X type stuff to help relieve the gas. :)
  • seardefilip
    Options
    CHECK OUT TOSCA RENO'S APPLE CIDER VINEGAR CHALLENGE? CHECK IT OUT I JUST STARTED IT- :) GOOD LUCK!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I recently stopped eating dairy and gluten --- and all my bloating went away.

First I tried watching sodium -- that wasn't the causes for me.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have definitely had this problem and not to be gross but mine was gas. You may want to try and gentle laxative, prune juice, or anything that may get things moving. Hope this helps. :-)
  • lori__lynn
    lori__lynn Posts: 59
    Options
    i take a diruretic daily.....it helped me with my bloating. also cut down on my sodium intake.