help, dinner without carbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Grandmadaniel
    Options
    When making supper for my husband and myself I often make a pasta meal (or rice, potato, etc.), with a side of green vegetables. When serving our plates I omit the pasta on my plate and use the sauce to cover the vegetables. I mostly use a tomato based pasta sauce and rarely use a cream sauce. The sauce has lots of heartiness with mushrooms, veggies, etc. added to it to make it more filling. I do use some parmesan, romano and asiago shredded cheese to top it as it looks more inviting and adds a bit more protein. I do eat carbs throughout the day in moderation.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Try this one:
    http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

I don't do NO carb just LOW carb / carbs from veggies - wich is just fine if you're open to that! I'm assuming by no carb you mean just no potato / rice/ pasta / bread right? just think 1 cup of veggies and some meat or 2 cups of salad with a good full fat dressing and some chicken or hard boiled eggs or both on top - all sorts of salads. mashed cauliflower - omelets - 1/2 an avocado with a couple fried eggs and some bacon - there are a ton of options.

Like some other people said - the REAL KEY is to plan ahead!! make a big batch of something and then you'll have some leftovers ready for you!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You're not needing to lose very much and you're a runner too. I'm thinking your body probably could use those carbs.
  • JackieMPearson
    Options
    Good advice. You can not do low carb without planning ahead.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump ????????
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Lol asks for no carb dinners, person after person is recommending veggies. Strong reading comprehension

HA! :laugh:
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a medical condition diagnosed from a DOCTOR stating avoid carbs for health reasons, or you're prepping for a bikini competition..... low carb is pointless..
  • lolabluola
    Options
    I like this site: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

OR

Just take whatever you mother makes you and don't have the bread or pasta and put the rest on top of a salad or just make yourself a side of veggies to have with whatever protein is being served - that way you don't have to make a whole separate meal

EDIT:
    AND THIS! lol thank her for the badass meal :)
    my suggestion, from a low carber, since you didn't plan ahead: 1. eat a moderate portion of the pasta your mom prepared. 2. thank her for the badass meal.

my suggestion to you if you're looking into low carb for a weight loss solution: 1. start planning ahead.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Have you tried chicken and sweet potato!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Guys, this thread is from 2012. The OP has moved on by now.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

That's the fun of it!!! It's zombie Tuesday!
  • lolabluola
    Options

haha! didn't notice that!