Replies

• kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Pitcher when you mean picture.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    when people say things like, "I literally fell out of my chair". No you didn't. You didn't fall out of your chair.

My boss mixes his metaphors and says things like, "And on THAT nutshell" or, "I need to get my fingers wet" (instead of feet or toes?) and his latest one was the best, "It's just one more straw on the big picture!" :noway: huh?
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Since when did "no problem" replace "you're welcome" ... that is one I really havea problem with, .... just say "you're welcome"!
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Heart of Hearts

Tickity Boo

hate hate hate!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    when people say things like, "I literally fell out of my chair". No you didn't. You didn't fall out of your chair.

My boss mixes his metaphors and says things like, "And on THAT nutshell" or, "I need to get my fingers wet" (instead of feet or toes?) and his latest one was the best, "It's just one more straw on the big picture!" :noway: huh?

Oh, I liked mixed metaphors! They kinda break the monotony of cliches--and they are usually giggle-worthy. :)
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Sort of

Is it or isn't it
  • cloverjenn
    cloverjenn Posts: 52
    Options
    I cannot stand "chillax" or "with all due respect..." they make me crazy! When someone says "with all due respect", especially my husband, it makes me think they are just giving me the big F you instead...
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When someone says, "That being said..... "
    All I think is "No *kitten*, you just said it!" and then I stop listening to anything they have to say because it will inevitably be redundant!
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    When someone says..."In theory" or "Team player"....... :noway:
  • duddlydo
    duddlydo Posts: 2
    Options
    "whatever"
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Since when did "no problem" replace "you're welcome" ... that is one I really havea problem with, .... just say "you're welcome"!

:embarassed: I am so guilty of this one. Especially at work. I feel awkward when someone says "thank you'" for me doing my job. I think "no problem" sounds more appropriate because I don't feel like they should thank me for doing my job. :huh:
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    "I could care less" when they obviously mean "I COULD'NT care less."

I could care less is the right way to say that though.

If you say "I couldn't care less"...it's a double negative making you actually care.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    "Hey shawty." Or any phrase with the made up word "shawty" in it.

"What's up dawg." Or any phrase with the made up word "dawg" in it.

Pretty much any phrase that was made up by rappers I absolutely hate because nothing annoys me more than rap.

Nothiing annoys me more than anyone who is annoyed by things they are unfamiliar with.

I hate when someone doesn't like rap or rock or a certain music...

I can find a song I like in all genres of music...

Maybe my miliatary upbringing made me diverse and not so closed minded.
  • Nicopants1314
    Options
    "Don't let the bed bugs bite?"

Really mom and dad? You let me sleep in a bed with bugs that would bite me?

"think outside the box"

I'm not in a box?

"couch potato"

I have yet to find a potato in my couch.

"im not gonna lie"

Excellent!

All of those. -_-
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    "When the sh** hits the fan." Okay, okay, maybe that's only a problem in my life. But, every now and then, I just wish the person who says it all the time would change it up a little. Maybe he/she could say, "When things go awry," or "In the event of a disaster," or really just anything else please.:sick:

Love this!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    These are like nails on the chalkboard to me:

People who are answering questions and continously say, "Correct". Only they pronounce it "cracked".

And people on this site that use the word "prolly" instead of "probably". What is that????"
  • Nicopants1314
    Options
    "When the sh** hits the fan." Okay, okay, maybe that's only a problem in my life. But, every now and then, I just wish the person who says it all the time would change it up a little. Maybe he/she could say, "When things go awry," or "In the event of a disaster," or really just anything else please.:sick:

Love this!

Hah. Ive heard a comedian be like "when the s--- hits the fan, step out of the way."
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nip it in the butt.
    The proof is in the pudding.
    We need to cut bait.
  • kathyhull
    Options
    Ginormous (not even sure how to spell it since it really isn't a word)

And beginning a sentence with "I don't know if you know this but..." Do you care if I know it already? Ask. Are you going to tell me whether I do or not? Then just tell me.
  • kathyhull
    Options
    When people say ......"I personally think..."

Who the hell else thinks for you??

Oh I really love this one!