Expressions you hate..

Options
Darlingir
Darlingir Posts: 437
If I hear "It is what it is" one more time I will burst...I was at the store today and someone next to me said it....I think I bit my knuckles!!! My apologies to frequent users of this expression...but...I - just - can't - stand it..

what do you got?

Replies

• Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    Options
    hmmm. none pop in yet but here is a bump
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    "You know what I mean?" at the end of every other sentence. Umm...no. If I knew, I wouldn't be listening to your explanation -__-

"Everything happens for a reason." I feel like it's just a way to help someone deal with a situation and for some reason drives me bananas.

"He/She is in a better place now." Don't say this to people after they have lost someone. It doesn't help.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    "You know what I mean?" at the end of every other sentence.

Umm...no. If I knew, I wouldn't be listening to your explanation -__-

I do know what you mean! lol
  • Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    Options
    Heard a comedian once joke about the expression "there's more than one way to skin a cat"....he said "how many ways do you need?!"

I've always agreed.

I also hate the "You can't have your cake and eat it too" expression. If you give me cake I'm gonna f***ing eat it. That's why I'm here. If you try to give me cake and tell me I can't eat it I'm going to take a *kitten* on the hood of your car.
    yep this one.. and one that got old so fast and is soooo annoying is
    git er dun.. stfu!!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "You know what I mean?" at the end of every other sentence.

Umm...no. If I knew, I wouldn't be listening to your explanation -__-

I do know what you mean! lol

Oh, I can't stand that ! I work with somebody who constantly says "you know what I mean?" And to make it even worse, she'll look right at you like you are completely clueless when she says it. Sometimes she'll take it up a notch with "seriously, you know what I mean?" There have been many times when I've wanted to grab her by the throat and say "Yes, I do know what you mean, because you took my idea/suggestion/method and reworded it and verbally vomited it all over the place so that it sounds like you thought of it yourself." YES, I know what you mean!!!
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    "Twelve, one half-dozen or the other" and "pot calling the kettle black" both irritate the snot out of me.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    "Twelve, one half-dozen or the other" and "pot calling the kettle black" both irritate the snot out of me.

I like the pot/kettle one. I use it when appropriate. Like when a co-worker who regularly writes things that nobody can read started making fun of someones handwriting.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    Oh, I can't stand that ! I work with somebody who constantly says "you know what I mean?" And to make it even worse, she'll look right at you like you are completely clueless when she says it. Sometimes she'll take it up a notch with "seriously, you know what I mean?" There have been many times when I've wanted to grab her by the throat and say "Yes, I do know what you mean, because you took my idea/suggestion/method and reworded it and verbally vomited it all over the place so that it sounds like you thought of it yourself." YES, I know what you mean!!!

ROTFL!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    "I seen it". Makes my hand twitch and want to smack someone.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options

ROTFL!

Fa real yo!
  • Darlingir
    Options
    "I seen it". Makes my hand twitch and want to smack someone.

I never heard that one
  • KissMyAx
    KissMyAx Posts: 129 Member
    Options

OMG Yes!!! THIS!!! ^^^
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Also...words shortened for the sake of trendiness...like "Oh she's just jelly" (as in jealous) and girls adding in the word "so" unnecessarily like "are you SOOOO excited?!"
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    "It is what it is" is mine also......ugghhh!
  • Darlingir
    Options
    "like"
    that will never go away
  • lukeout007
    Options
    "like"
    that will never go away

I don't have a problem with this...only because there is no "like" button on MFP...the like button is a feature I really like about facebook.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    "It is what it is" is mine also......ugghhh!

that saying actually triggers a response in me where I almost tear up...
  • Darlingir
    Options
    "like"
    that will never go away

I don't have a problem with this...only because there is no "like" button on MFP...the like button is a feature I really like about facebook.

like really?
  • lukeout007
    Options
    "like"
    that will never go away

like really?

Ah you mean it in that context...I thought you were referring to people who reply with "like" on someons post or thread...

I agree with the context you are referring to.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    "like"
    that will never go away

like really?

Ah you mean it in that context...I thought you were referring to people who reply with "like" on someons post or thread...

I agree with the context you are referring to.

like, i Totally get it...you know what I mean?