Options

Replies

• princessd3b
    princessd3b Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    basically, actually (on repeat)
    at the end of the day (on repeat)
    yolo (after every sentence)
    you know what I mean? (after every sentence)
    All I'm saying is.. (with a frown)

overused expressions from 9gag :explode:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    My GIL says to my kids all the time
    "Too bad, so sad"

Then my daughter runs around saying it.

I HATE it!
  • princessd3b
    princessd3b Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wait!....What?
    As a high school teacher this makes me want to puke.

I'm a lecturer and OOOHHH I HATE this one to death!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    -any sentence with the word ´baby bump´ or ´preggers/preggo´... grrrrrrr HATE THEM
    -expressions using slang OR excessive use of abreviations, get on my nerves.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    "Long story short...."

"yadda, yadda, yadda" or "blah, blah, blah"

Then there is my least favorite saying of all time:

BLESS YOUR HEART

I hate it because 90% of the time, someone is trying to talk down to me. Never bless me unless I've sneezed.
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a chef, so I'm especially annoyed by the phrase "cooked to perfection"... because why would you bother if you're going to cook it half-assed?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm a chef, so I'm especially annoyed by the phrase "cooked to perfection"... because why would you bother if you're going to cook it half-assed?

Because I'm hungry! I cook things half-assed almost every time I make dinner. I cook it just enough to be safe to eat, but not necessarily to perfection.
  • cdnwinter79
    Options
    I absolutely LOATHE when people write an email to multiple people and start it off by saying "Hey All" or "All".
    I effing HATE that! My name is not All! If you're writing to multiple people, just use a generic saying like "Hello", "Hi", Good Morning/Afternoon" etc.
    How friggin' hard is that??!!

Also, I hate, hate, HATE, when people say sorry to someone after a loved one passes away.
    Why are you sorry? Is it your fault they died?
    This was said to me so many times after my dad passed away, I wanted to vomit every time I heard it.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Wait!....What?

oh no...I'm guilty of this!
  • true35
    true35 Posts: 43
    Options
    Cool beans!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    XXX # of pounds gone forever!!! I really HATE hearing that saying, because I know how easy it is to gain it back with the least bit of stress. I've seen too many people say that exact phrase and gain back everything they lost. I might be the only one this bothers, but it honestly does irk me.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    I absolutely LOATHE when people write an email to multiple people and start it off by saying "Hey All" or "All".
    I effing HATE that! My name is not All! If you're writing to multiple people, just use a generic saying like "Hello", "Hi", Good Morning/Afternoon" etc.
    How friggin' hard is that??!!

Also, I hate, hate, HATE, when people say sorry to someone after a loved one passes away.
    Why are you sorry? Is it your fault they died?
    This was said to me so many times after my dad passed away, I wanted to vomit every time I heard it.

I think it's "sorry" as in I feel for you, not "sorry" as in a I apologize...I suppose
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wait!....What?

oh no...I'm guilty of this!
    I think many of us are guilty of at least one thing on this thread. :)
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    "Everything happens for a reason." As an atheist, this one really gets to me. I also loathe when people say "I could care less" rather than "I couldn't care less." It's like they aren't even thinking about what they are saying.
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    My Bad
    FML
    Honestly
    Everything's copacetic - I really hate this one!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    "Irregardless" totally drives me insane.

yes! this is exactly it!
  • Darlingir
    Options
    Karma will come his/her way

....honestly I don't believe in Karma. No one knows if that person will EVER get what they have coming to them...
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Same difference....drives me crazy!!!
  • Wysteriajo
    Wysteriajo Posts: 14
    Options
    "Back in the day . . ." in my history class. When was "the day" exactly? Was there just one other day? And everything happened on it?
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    "I'll pray for you" is my number one most hated phrase. Even though I don't believe in god I don't mind when people say it in a nice way. Okay, I don't like it, it makes me feel awkward, but I can accept it. However, the number of times I have had this aimed at me along with "CPS should take away your children" or "You're going to hell" just because I have tattoos and purple hair makes me want to vomit every time I hear it.