What time of day do you exercise? Why?

Replies

• erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    I exercise around 7 each night because that's when my daughter goes to bed so it's really the only chance I get!
  • Sappy320
    Sappy320 Posts: 77 Member
    I jog for 45 minutes 4-5 days a week, every morning because it boosts your metabolism for the day, and honestly it makes me feel really good about myself to do in the morning rather than evening. If i wait till the evening I may convince myself I don't need to the excercise.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Usually after work, around 5.30 pm. I find it unwinds me from a long day, and tires me out enough that I sleep well. Sometimes I'll go in the mornings, but only if I'm awake and can't get back to sleep. I honestly have zero desire to drag my *kitten* out of bed at 5am. For the people that do, more power to you!
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Right after work (about 5pm). And Saturday mornings.

I commute almost 2 hours (each way) to work, so I'm already up at 5:45 without a morning workout. I workout near my office before I head home, because if I wait until I get home, I will be way too exhausted and make too many excuses!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Almost always in the afternoon - which is stupid right now since I end up walking outside in a heatwave. I sometimes manage as early as 11am.

I had to go for short 10 minute walk at 10 am today and could barely move- I'm for sure not a morning person.

I will do strength training in the evening between 9pm and midnight.
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Mornings shortly after sunrise. Otherwise, it's too dang hot and humid to get out and run comfortably. I'm up at 5am during the week, so I have time to eat a light breakfast/wake up a little before lacing up my shoes and hitting the pavement.
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    after work. When my husband got a job after a year of being out of work, I shifted my schedule so I would have a built-in hour right after work where I could go to the gym or run errands. Gym most days, now. Finally able to get back to a normal schedule after some things that were well out of my control. if I wanted to go in the AM, I'd have to be at the gym at 4:30am and since the gym is like a football field away from my office, that would be a complete waste of gas and no, I can't get ready for work in the locker room altho that would save money on hot water at home! LOL
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I tend to do cardio in the mornings (cause i like outside) and lifting/gym sessions in the evening so i can come home feeling like a badass. Plus my gym is near all kinds of fun shops and cafes and I like to get a beautiful healthy meal after the gym to take home with me. The food isnt a reward, the not having to cook it myself is the reward lol.

Nothing like finishing up a powerful lifting session and bringing home pistachio encrusted salmon steak OMNOMNOM
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    I like to workout at night...makes me feel like I'm burning more calories while I sleep.

I feel better about myself that way hahaha
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    I have to run after work - because I get up at the ungodly hour of 430am just for work... so by 430pm, im out running :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    afternoon. because that's when the gym is the least busy. (well, between the hours of 8am and 8pm when the child care center is open)

That will soon change (hopefully) when I get a job.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    I go right after work because it was necessary for me to make it part of my routine. I won't do it if it's not planned in my schedule. I also just started 30DS this morning so I'll be with 2 workouts a day. HELP! haha.
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    I get up M-F at 5 AM to do atleast 30 minutes workout. I usually do 20 minutes on my treadclimber and then 10 minutes on bike. I try to do more that that is usually all I can do at that time. I then workout with a persoanl trainer 2 days a week and take an abd class once a week.
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    In the mornings. Because if I don't do it as soon as I get out of bed, I'll never get it done!

THIS! I wake up at 4:45am and get to the gym by 5am, get home around 6 or 6:30 so I can get ready for work, then If I have the time I will go in the evening too, usually twice a day at least 3-4 times a week and once a day at least 6 days.

If I only went in the evening I would never actually do it because I would be so tired
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 221 Member
    Normally at night, simply because it's easier to do it after the kids go to bed.
  • redmcgee1
    redmcgee1 Posts: 14 Member
    I am not a morning person at all it takes me forever to get motivated in the mornings. So I do my cardio in the evenings.
  • Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Normally for me its after work, unless I can get that workout in before work.
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Always morning.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    In the evening. I used to exercise in the am, but I will be hungry ALL day if I do that. I cannot handle that
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Although I have the most energy in the mornings, I exercise in the evenings because I'm a bordom eater. This way I'm not bored because I'm exercising so I'm not eating.