Struggling...

Options
Hello. I've been having trouble eating my calories for the day (although I'm full) and losing weight. Even though I'm under eating my calories, I'm still struggling to lose weight. I'm trying to stick to the Paleo diet for the most part, which might be partly why it's hard for me to eat my calories. Anyone know what's going on? :( I feel like I'm trying so hard and getting no where!

Replies

• Caleysia
    Caleysia Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't kno the paleo diet myself but I found eating a diet consisting of Protein and veggies and absolutely no carbs what so ever and no fruit results is weight loss with out exercise. I got this from a book call the 4 hour body and I tried for some time and it really works. It even recomend eating more if your hungry. Maybe give that a try if nothing else is working
    Also weight training seem to help I'm about to start some so can't say 100% but everyone says it does mixed with a bit of cardio. But if you don't want to exercise much the above food is great.

If you want a copy of the book I could email you it if you want to have a read
    If you need any more help just ask
  • gomidas2007
    gomidas2007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of good information here!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673373-fat-loss-guide

Some of it you probably already know but some perhaps not =)

Hope that helps!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been having trouble eating my calories for the day (although I'm full) and losing weight. Even though I'm under eating my calories, I'm still struggling to lose weight. I'm trying to stick to the Paleo diet for the most part, which might be partly why it's hard for me to eat my calories. Anyone know what's going on? :( I feel like I'm trying so hard and getting no where!

You might not be eating enough.

And out of curiousity.....have you spoken to your doctor about your diet plan in regards to your liver transplant and intestine removal (creeped on your profile)? Please make sure that the diet you are consuming is in line with your nutritional needs as you recover from that!
  • Caleysia
    Caleysia Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't kno the paleo diet myself but I found eating a diet consisting of Protein and veggies and absolutely no carbs what so ever and no fruit results is weight loss with out exercise. I got this from a book call the 4 hour body and I tried for some time and it really works. It even recomend eating more if your hungry. Maybe give that a try if nothing else is working
    Also weight training seem to help I'm about to start some so can't say 100% but everyone says it does mixed with a bit of cardio. But if you don't want to exercise much the above food is great.

If you want a copy of the book I could email you it if you want to have a read
    If you need any more help just ask

Also the recomended diet has a cheat day involved which is required where you eat anything and everything. Sometimes till you are nearly sick. It makes the whole diet process easier. And with this day you are expected to gain a little weight but the concpet to to shock your system. Makes you lose even more weight
    But if you go to do it make sure you follow exactly during diet stage any slip up will ruin the process that is being set up and it will not work
  • Kaidynne
    Kaidynne Posts: 7
    Options

You might not be eating enough.

And out of curiousity.....have you spoken to your doctor about your diet plan in regards to your liver transplant and intestine removal (creeped on your profile)? Please make sure that the diet you are consuming is in line with your nutritional needs as you recover from that!

Lol I couldn't help but giggle when I read this. But No, I haven't asked, but in terms of my diet they just wanted me to get enough protein and outside of that that's about it. And on my diet, I'm getting TONS of protein.

As for the others, thanks for the info. ;)

Maybe I'm just expecting results too fast. :( lol