Not the healthiest question, but......

Options
2»

Replies

• bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    As for lower calorie drinks the best are wine, light beer like Michelob Ultra and Bacardi with diet coke or diet 7Up. Or you could have a shot of hard liquor and that's it. All the other drinks with mixers, etc are higher in calories. Since you like wine just have a glass or two of wine, that is not going to hurt you.
    On a sadder note, did you see the two doctors, Dr Oz and his colleague, on Good Morning America talking about alcohol and your liver???? That was scary. They said women should only have one drink a day, such as a glass of wine. But it is not ok to not drink during the week and then have 3-7 drinks on the weekend!!! If done regularly that will damage the liver!!!!!! Yikes!!!!

Enjoy the weekend!!!!:flowerforyou:

I didn't see the docs....but was amazed by all of the info that fellow MFPers provided me with!!! Somewhere along the line, my husband's and my red wine consumption went from 1 glass a night, to sometimes 3 or 4....and I don't think we were having the 5 oz portion, either! Well, I can't undo what has been done, but, like my quitting smoking, I dropped the nightly wine drinking habit all together~I didn't actually want to drink this weekend, but my husband threatened me (:laugh: ). I think I'm going to hone in on a harder liquor with a diet pop, something to sip on....just due to the fact that I don't THINK I could "binge" drink them like it's easy to do with beer. Thanks for all of the ideas (on a pretty sad dilema :tongue: )
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    Don't know if it's necessarily bad for you, but there is nothing like an ice cold Guiness Stout off draft. Less calories than most domestic beers, and enough vitamins and minerals to keep you alive on it's own. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm.....Guiness......:heart::drinker: :heart:

:drinker: I'll actually continue on with the MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I'm looking for something I CAN'T drink a case of :laugh:
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    i mix a liquor like malibu with a diet soda for a low calorie long drink.

examples are:

malibu/vodka/rum and diet coke
    Passoa (tropical fruit liquor) with diet sprite etc.

mmmmm Malibu and Diet Coke is my favorite drink and everyone always looks at me like I'm a nutjob when I order it!

Is Malibu of coconut flavor?
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

It is coconut - and it's like you're on a tropical island with every sip!!
  • bodibykelli
    Options
    Don't know if it's necessarily bad for you, but there is nothing like an ice cold Guiness Stout off draft. Less calories than most domestic beers, and enough vitamins and minerals to keep you alive on it's own. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm.....Guiness......:heart::drinker: :heart:
    [/quote

VERY NICE NEW PICTURE!!!!!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I like a drink now and then. I unfortunately LOVE my beer. But hard liquor is low cal in comparison(Im not saying go chug a lug:tongue: ) but vodka is the best bet try it with a diet soda I like beam and diet coke on occasion. Another reason booze can mess with ya is cause it inhibits your thought so a burger and fries then wins then more fries then cheese poopers sounds ok(I know cause I have done it)
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My kind of topic!! :drinker:

Wino here too, but when I'm trying to be good overindulging in alcohol, (twisted logic, but works for me :glasses: ) I'll have a gin & tonic or (my new fave) vanilla vodka mixed with diet ginger ale. :love: :love:

Tastes like cream soda. :smooched:

How about vanilla vodka and diet root beer.

Root beef float!!!! :drinker:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    My kind of topic!! :drinker:

Wino here too, but when I'm trying to be good overindulging in alcohol, (twisted logic, but works for me :glasses: ) I'll have a gin & tonic or (my new fave) vanilla vodka mixed with diet ginger ale. :love: :love:

Tastes like cream soda. :smooched:

How about vanilla vodka and diet root beer.

Root beef float!!!! :drinker:

Guiness and Baileys Irish Cream, Car Bombs ftw.
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    I think a lot of people mix vodka and Crystal Light, too.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    i mix a liquor like malibu with a diet soda for a low calorie long drink.

examples are:

malibu/vodka/rum and diet coke
    Passoa (tropical fruit liquor) with diet sprite etc.
    me too plus use diet for other drinks if all else ill worry about it mon morning:tongue:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Check the Sonoma Diet website; they have interesting information on wine, and encourage a glass with dinner. They say it helps with digestion and also helps you prolong your meal, so that you don't eat too fast and savor what you're eating longer.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options

[/quote]

It is coconut - and it's like you're on a tropical island with every sip!!
    [/quote]

yes, it's yummy :bigsmile: although strange i like it since i don't normally like coconut!!