yo dawg, hit me with your best sammich

Options
pagingdoctork
pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
I'm so bored with regular sandwiches, but I really do enjoy them. Plus, you can't beat the easiness of a simple turkey on a sandwich thin, or the freshness of cucumber on white bread.

What's the best sammie you've had?

Replies

• thetrapezeswinger
    Options
    Throw some green pepper, a few sweet peppers (there is only 25 calories in 3 of the mini sweet peppers!), some sweet onion, a little jalapeno, and some extra virgin olive oil in a pan and get the veggies nice and crispy. (I like to add these pre-cooked chicken breast strips that Tyson makes sometimes, too.)

Wrap that in a whole wheat toritlla and voila! (: Haha. It's awesome, and the veggies are so tasty you don't even need sauce or cheese to add flavor. All together, the process takes like ten minutes. It's one of my favorite sandwich/wraps to make.

If you're on the go, Panera Bread has some great sandwiches, too.
  • pagingdoctork
    pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Throw some green pepper, a few sweet peppers (there is only 25 calories in 3 of the mini sweet peppers!), some sweet onion, a little jalapeno, and some extra virgin olive oil in a pan and get the veggies nice and crispy. (I like to add these pre-cooked chicken breast strips that Tyson makes sometimes, too.)

Wrap that in a whole wheat toritlla and voila! (: Haha. It's awesome, and the veggies are so tasty you don't even need sauce or cheese to add flavor. All together, the process takes like ten minutes. It's one of my favorite sandwich/wraps to make.

If you're on the go, Panera Bread has some great sandwiches, too.

in other words, a fajita? ;) That does sound delicious right about now though.

Oh man, I do't know what's wrong with me, but I just don't like their sandwiches. It could be just the one near my job, but they're so small, and the turkey was kind of... slimy? Not a word I ever want to use to describe meat, haha.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I like spinach, roasted red pepper hummus, thin sliced cucumber, and some thin sliced tomatos with lots of oregano on whole wheat bread, toasted.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    The Bobbie, google it best sangwich evar!

the_bobbie2.jpg
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Beer soaked bread with crispy chocolate covered bacon all bundled togethor.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    today i made a sandwich/melt with leftover rabbit meat, deli turkey, bacon, tomatoes, and monterrey jack cheese. don't knock it before you try it. :p
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am a simple sole, so cheddar cheese (ideally mature) with English mustard. I am also a big fan of Pret's Edam and mustard mayo sandwich.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I added tomato hummus to my turkey sandwich today to change it up.
    I love a good chicken salad sandwich with grapes or egg salad with horseradish.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thick cut bacon, sliced granny smith apples, roasted red onion, sharp cheddar cheese.....throw it all on sourdough bread and grill it in butter to golden brown, hot, gooey, bacon-y perfection. ;)
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Grilled proscuitto, lots of lettuce and tomato and my special homemade secret sauce, all on multi grain bread
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    Subway's Buffalo Chicken on whole grain. Shredded cheddar, lettuce, banana peppers, sweet onion sauce, buffalo sauce, honey mustard, and ranch. So. Good.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    A Cuban- toasted Cuban bread, roast pork, ham, mustard, swiss and pickles.
  • Manrahan
    Manrahan Posts: 40
    Options
    Grilled cheese (simple American on white bread) *absolutely packed* with bacon, and with tons of butter for the grilling.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm a meat lover and stick to traditional ones, so I love the Whole Wheat Pita Bread stuffed with Spinach leaves, Turkey, Roast Beef, Ham, lite mayo, Pickles, Tomatoes, Mustard, salt & Pepper :)
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Options
    Meatballs, marinara, fresh mozzarella, and jalapenos on ciabatta, stick it on the panini press... YUM.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My favorite "sandwich:"

whole wheat pita bread (half of it)
    turkey breast
    cheese
    baby spinach
    red pepper hummus
    avocado
    sliced almonds
    splash of light italian dressing

I could honestly eat it every day!
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thick cut bacon, sliced granny smith apples, roasted red onion, sharp cheddar cheese.....throw it all on sourdough bread and grill it in butter to golden brown, hot, gooey, bacon-y perfection. ;)

This sounds AMAZING. I know what I'm having for dinner! ;-)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Deep fried lasagna, bolognese sauce, smoked mozz and prov on garlic bread

paesanos-500x331.jpg
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Beer soaked bread with crispy chocolate covered bacon all bundled togethor.

I think I just found my food soul-mate.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    You know you want this....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7I24xYqw1rdJXjJEPUMsOwGEICTiaVfkgu3a0V-6aMpC33fuUEw