Ok........What the heck?

Options
124»

Replies

• kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    Your lunch hour = YOUR time, you can do whatever you like on it. Your office, same deal, she's a "negative nancy" and not worth wasting your frustration on. I am a graphic designer and once had a coworker (who was older and had been here longer) constantly say "gee...I sure wish I had time to try new things" whenever I did something "cool" (ie:better than her.) Just insecurity. I only have a half hour lunch, so I work out 3x a day, once in a 15 min burst outside my office, once for 30 mins at lunch, going up and down the stairs and once at 5:00 at the gym. You gotta do what you gotta do FOR YOU. Don't care one whit for the whiners.

Look at you getting your workout in! Love it, I just hope nobody complains about your use of the stairs! LOL......:)
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Sounds like a power and control issue. If you have the green light from your boss - no need to stop what you are doing on your time. People......

Sounds like a case of jealous co-worker on a power trip. She sounds like a passive-aggressive b-word. I would say just ignore her if she doesn't have any direct jurisdiction over your job or your work space.

I totally agree! Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Two oft used quotes for the 'office manager' 1) Life is not fair. 2) Sucks to be you.

LOL.......true statements!
  • kelif5959
    Options
    hahaha........I feel like I need to respond to everybody.........thanks for all the support! I guess I better "get back to work" before the office manager stalks my computer usage! So, if I don't respond.......sorry! :)
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    She is jealous that you are able to workout at work and have the willpower to do so.......you should really make her angry and bring an exercise ball to sit on at your desk all day, see what she says then!
  • kelif5959
    Options
    She is jealous that you are able to workout at work and have the willpower to do so.......you should really make her angry and bring an exercise ball to sit on at your desk all day, see what she says then!

OMG.......that's so evil - but I love it! I've actually heard you can burn some calories when you replace your chair with a stability ball. Hmmm, I really might have to do this!
  • paperandink
    Options
    I used to work in an office where some of the higher-ups with bigger offices (not huge offices, mind you, but big enough to fit, say, a couple of armchairs) had treadmills. I thought this was awesome and i can't imagine anyone criticizing them for it, especially someone who also had an office! Most people would be lucky to even HAVE an office.

I have to agree with everyone else and say that she's jealous that you have the motivation to exercise, not that your office is bigger than hers. My best advice is to ignore her and let her seethe if she wants to. It's her problem, not yours.

And kudos to you for being so committed to your exercise plan!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was hoping that she and a few of the other workers could exercise too and didn't feel comfortable asking?
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Maybe she was hoping that she and a few of the other workers could exercise too and didn't feel comfortable asking?

Well, my office definitely isn't big enough for multiple people to exercise simultaneously! But, maybe that's the deal? Good thought.
  • kelif5959
    Options
    I used to work in an office where some of the higher-ups with bigger offices (not huge offices, mind you, but big enough to fit, say, a couple of armchairs) had treadmills. I thought this was awesome and i can't imagine anyone criticizing them for it, especially someone who also had an office! Most people would be lucky to even HAVE an office.

I have to agree with everyone else and say that she's jealous that you have the motivation to exercise, not that your office is bigger than hers. My best advice is to ignore her and let her seethe if she wants to. It's her problem, not yours.

And kudos to you for being so committed to your exercise plan!

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have a treadmill in my office or an elliptical! That would be so cool! And, Thanks!
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she is being a buzz kill, I would continue doing what you do. Also, maybe once a week (ie:every Wednesday) invite the girls who want to, to all workout in your office-You could be the "instructor" and help the other people who may not know where to start. Then she will have to room to complain-just a thought! Good luck, keep up the awesome work! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Just read a couple posts up where multiple people couldn't work out-nevermind. hehe
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Sounds like she is being a buzz kill, I would continue doing what you do. Also, maybe once a week (ie:every Wednesday) invite the girls who want to, to all workout in your office-You could be the "instructor" and help the other people who may not know where to start. Then she will have to room to complain-just a thought! Good luck, keep up the awesome work! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Just read a couple posts up where multiple people couldn't work out-nevermind. hehe

Good idea though. We just need to remove the table and chairs from the conference room and have some group training sessions in there! :D
  • kashmirdreamer
    kashmirdreamer Posts: 31 Member
    Options

OMG.......that's so evil - but I love it! I've actually heard you can burn some calories when you replace your chair with a stability ball. Hmmm, I really might have to do this!

A few people in our office have stability balls but can't seem to sit on them all day. A couple of offices are my clients have their desks raised for standing work instead of sitting. We don't even have our own cubes (check into a free one whenever we're in) so I would love my own office to work out in!