That One Person....

Options
jcomley1
jcomley1 Posts: 133
I know there have been plenty of these threads and there will be undoubtably be some people who will say, "stop being negative, etc" but I dont care.
When you spend as much time as I do in gym theres has to be somewhere to vent about the one person who drives you nuts. Plus I know majority of you, understand and also require this need to vent. :tongue: ALSO its freaking hilarious... :laugh:

Right, theres this guy in his 50's, who skips. Not just any skipping, but skipping in peak time in a very limited stretching space and has very nearly taken my eye out a handful of times. He just skips and skips and doesn't actually give a damn who he almost de-brains. Then to make things worse, he throws in these fancy moves and then when he finishes his failed attempt at these moves looks in the mirror to see who was watching and then if he happens to successfully make eye contact he smiles and approaches you and tries to teach you how to "skip like him". I cannot stand that. Nobody was watching you dude. The rest of us were busy with our workouts, so stop looking for attention and get on with it.

Words just cannot describe how much I would love to take that skipping rope and smack him with it.

So your turn, describe that one person who goes to your gym that makes you want to lose it.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    LOL. Wow that is so random.

He sounds to me like he might be seeking a little bit of attention out of loneliness.

Some people really do go to the gym to socialize, it's not uncommon, but this is definitely a strange approach!

edit: There's this one girl... She must be in her early twenties. She comes to the gym dressed REALLY skimpy. I mean whatever floats your boat, doesn't bother me. But then she sits on the hip abductor (Or the gynecology machine as I like to call it :wink: )
    and she talks to aaaaaaaaaall the good looking men around, while sitting, not actually doing the exercise, just at the widest possible position so her legs are spread out like a gymnast. LOL. It just looks INSANE. I've only seen her actually do it twice, and both times she isn't doing it properly, anyway... Oh geez. Definitely is entertaining to watch the men trip over themselves to talk to her though.
  • jcomley1
    Options
    LOL. Wow that is so random.

He sounds to me like he might be seeking a little bit of attention out of loneliness.

Some people really do go to the gym to socialize, it's not uncommon, but this is definitely a strange approach!

edit: There's this one girl... She must be in her early twenties. She comes to the gym dressed REALLY skimpy. I mean whatever floats your boat, doesn't bother me. But then she sits on the hip abductor (Or the gynecology machine as I like to call it :wink: )
    and she talks to aaaaaaaaaall the good looking men around, while sitting, not actually doing the exercise, just at the widest possible position so her legs are spread out like a gymnast. LOL. It just looks INSANE. I've only seen her actually do it twice, and both times she isn't doing it properly, anyway... Oh geez. Definitely is entertaining to watch the men trip over themselves to talk to her though.

Ha! thats classic!!!!!!!! theres got to be one girl in every gym who is like that... :laugh:
  • tngfordisney
    tngfordisney Posts: 115
    Options
    Get there before him and put up a no skipping sign on the mirror.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Get there before him, take all the ropes, and keep them by you. If he asks for one, say you're using them. Repeat the whole time during your workout.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    Nobody in my gym :(

There is one lady who uses the elliptical machine, and she's like 6-7 months pregnant. I don't really have a problem with her, more of a jealousy issue...I can't do the elliptical for 30 minutes, much less be preggo and doing it.
  • ryanpayne4
    ryanpayne4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a member at a very large club in my area and for some reason all the old men love to walk around the locker room slinging their little thingies around. Not like they have just got tenout of the shower and walked back to their locker to get dressed. They brush their teeth, blow-dry their hair, have group discussions, floss, etc butt naked. Why? lol
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I know there have been plenty of these threads and there will be undoubtably be some people who will say, "stop being negative, etc" but I dont care.
    When you spend as much time as I do in gym theres has to be somewhere to vent about the one person who drives you nuts. Plus I know majority of you, understand and also require this need to vent. :tongue: ALSO its freaking hilarious... :laugh:

Right, theres this guy in his 50's, who skips. Not just any skipping, but skipping in peak time in a very limited stretching space and has very nearly taken my eye out a handful of times. He just skips and skips and doesn't actually give a damn who he almost de-brains. Then to make things worse, he throws in these fancy moves and then when he finishes his failed attempt at these moves looks in the mirror to see who was watching and then if he happens to successfully make eye contact he smiles and approaches you and tries to teach you how to "skip like him". I cannot stand that. Nobody was watching you dude. The rest of us were busy with our workouts, so stop looking for attention and get on with it.

Words just cannot describe how much I would love to take that skipping rope and smack him with it.

So your turn, describe that one person who goes to your gym that makes you want to lose it.

I completely misunderstood what you meant by skipping until the second to last sentence. I had this image of this 50 year old dude skipping like a school girl at the gym. Talk about a good laugh.
  • neverstray
    Options
    I no longer belong to a gym, but when I did, there was this one lady...she came in dressed to the hilt in an 80's outfit. I mean, hair, leggings, short shorts, high tops, I mean the real deal. I started laughing when I first saw her. I kept looking for a camera or something. then, she started exercising and doing these really weird things and spreading her legs, and just strange things. I still kept looking for a camera. Then, I saw her over and over and over again, week after week after week. I realized it wasn't a joke at all. That's just her. It didn't really annoy me or anything and she didn't get in my way. It was just really freaky bizarre. I mean like right out of the post-disco early 80's Olivia Newton John stuff. Crazy. You have to see it to believe it.
  • jcomley1
    Options

I completely misunderstood what you meant by skipping until the second to last sentence. I had this image of this 50 year old dude skipping like a school girl at the gym. Talk about a good laugh.

thats hilarious!!! actually that might annoy me less... at least i could laugh...
  • neverstray
    Options
    I'm a member at a very large club in my area and for some reason all the old men love to walk around the locker room slinging their little thingies around. Not like they have just got tenout of the shower and walked back to their locker to get dressed. They brush their teeth, blow-dry their hair, have group discussions, floss, etc butt naked. Why? lol

Yes, and when one is talking to the other, one will always put their outside leg up on the bench while they talk. i could never figure that out. Is it an offer? What the deal? People are weird.
  • jcomley1
    Options
    I no longer belong to a gym, but when I did, there was this one lady...she came in dressed to the hilt in an 80's outfit. I mean, hair, leggings, short shorts, high tops, I mean the real deal. I started laughing when I first saw her. I kept looking for a camera or something. then, she started exercising and doing these really weird things and spreading her legs, and just strange things. I still kept looking for a camera. Then, I saw her over and over and over again, week after week after week. I realized it wasn't a joke at all. That's just her. It didn't really annoy me or anything and she didn't get in my way. It was just really freaky bizarre. I mean like right out of the post-disco early 80's Olivia Newton John stuff. Crazy. You have to see it to believe it.

kinda wish you had taken a picture though! would have loved to have seen that....
  • ryanpayne4
    ryanpayne4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Yes, and when one is talking to the other, one will always put their outside leg up on the bench while they talk. i could never figure that out. Is it an offer? What the deal? People are weird.

freaks me out!! :laugh:
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options

thats hilarious!!! actually that might annoy me less... at least i could laugh...

You just can't imagine what was going on in my head when you described him as trying to do fancy moves and asking people if they wanted to learn how to skip like him.
  • socalsweetheart87
    socalsweetheart87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    the people who continuously put water on the sauna or steam room sensors, then stand outside the door for a while cuz it got to hot....... well duh!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

You just can't imagine what was going on in my head when you described him as trying to do fancy moves and asking people if they wanted to learn how to skip like him.
    LMAO!! Don't worry I had the same visions in my head of him skipping along sans rope doing all sorts of funky moves. la la la I was going to ask for a video too!!
  • banstett
    banstett Posts: 95
    Options
    Ahahaha your stories are hilarious!!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Glad it wasnt just me!!!!:laugh:
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Get there before him and put up a no skipping sign on the mirror.

Haha love this! This is my style!
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Won't happen again. I'll leave my skipping rope at home next time...
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Same here!