Evening hunger - any suggestions on how to control?

I can be fairly good at controlling myself during the day at work. BUT, when I come home for the evening - HUNGER STRIKES!
I tried many things: Drinking water, hot drinks (tea), eating a salad before I leave work, etc ... Still can't control myself well enough.

Any ideas or suggestions? I imagine this most be a common problem. I'd be interested to know what others are doing to control that hunger.

Thank you.

19414358.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• debbie9015
    debbie9015 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi I not sure if u get these where u are, but breakfast biscuits I'm finding really help in the evening, they low cal approx 240 for two and have cereals in them which can help fill u up.
    Or even a bowl of cereal if still the hunger there?
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    My advice is to plan for being hungry in the evening, dont think you can wing it on willpower alone! I make sure I have enough calories left at the end of the day for a couple of soft boiled eggs and some crispbread/Melba toast, which I eat at about 8:30 or 9pm. It works for me, I never get night time hunger pangs. Something low fat, high protein, bland and comforting would be perfect.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 246 Member
    My advice is to plan for being hungry in the evening, dont think you can wing it on willpower alone! I make sure I have enough calories left at the end of the day for a couple of soft boiled eggs and some crispbread/Melba toast, which I eat at about 8:30 or 9pm.

^^^ I agree with this. Know thyself. Just plan for a healthier snack.
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    One big heaping scoop of casein protein (or soy, it is cheaper) in the evening. I do it about one or two hours before bedtime, everyday.
  • laverne325
    laverne325 Posts: 19 Member
    How about fruit? I slice up a apple and eat it on the way home, and after dinner i have some sugar free popcicles and some more fruit i like frozen fruit slightly thawed or bag of popcorn.
  • jcrist10
    jcrist10 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks everyone for your posts.
  • peanut butter toast is my go to snack if I HAVE to have something. The protein fills me up.