Anyone trying to lose or has lost over 100 pounds?

Options

Replies

• Sahara0815
    Sahara0815 Posts: 55
    Options
    I guess there are a lot of us trying to hit (or surpass) that "century mark"!!!! I'm working really, really hard at it because my goal is to lose 120-140 lbs. (depending on how I feel as I get there). Believe me, I won't be a twig even losing that much ... but I'm ready to change my outlook, my body, and my life. We can all do it together! :)
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    When I started I had over 100 to lose. Not anymore. :bigsmile: Still a long way though. I think you have to just keep focus of what your goal is and realize you will NOT be perfect all the time. When you slip up, get back up on the horse. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Kori76
    Kori76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 110lbs. more.I have already lost around 60lbs.I'm on a plateau right now Bla..So I'm getting ready to kick it in to high gear like when I first started this past winter.It is super HOT where I live.Like 120 degrees.I live in Arizona.So I'm gonna try to walk in the middle of the night when it is still around 100 :) So eating healthy and exercise is the best way!Who would of thought lol!So I will keep you guys updated.Wish me Luck!!!
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 100....again! Started in April. Feel free to add me.
  • krystinaestabrooks
    Options
    This is my second attempt - the first time ended with knee surgery and feeling sorry for myself. i just started again and If all goes well, by the time I am finished this time I will have lost 125lbs. My son is helping me by being my conscience - he walks with me in the mornings and I submit a copy of my food report to him every night. I have only been doing this for 3 days but already I realize how important it is to have to be accountable to someone other than myself.
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was almost 290 at my heaviest, lost 60 pounds after my first husband left, and in the couple years after that managed to find the love of my life and about 20 of the pounds I lost :) and :( I've been yoyoing ever since. I just started back again and my goal is to lose 100 pounds and then see how everything goes; I'm only 5'1" and I've never been thin or even moderately in shape, so I am excited to see where this journey takes me! Feel free to add me!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Low carb, high veg and pushing myself to be as active as possible. I went from doing 10 minutes on the wii fit to 10 miles on the treadmill.

I know how hard this seems, especially in the beginning, but you are SO worth the effort and sacrifices it's gonna take!
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100lb exactly. I started at 241 and need to get below 150 to be in the healthy weight range, so I've set my target as 141 for a nice round loss. :)
  • leighscimeca
    Options
    My goal is to lose EXACTLY 100 pounds!!
    I am psyched to be using this sire as well as my workout DVD's and walking for exercise. (Until I can jog)
    I would love to be buddies with people on this site so that we can share struggles and successes with each other!!
    Please everyone, add me as a friend.
    :smile: :happy: :tongue: :smokin:
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me: 1. Make MFP your home page 2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it. 3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once 4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother 5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else) 6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight. 7. take it one day at a time. 8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want 9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves. 10. Smile. :) I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does! Great words to live by!
  • smcwllms
    smcwllms Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've lost 116 lbs in eight months, 52 more to go. Running, tabata, weights. One cheat meal per week, unlimited calories for that meal. Currently just started p90X. Commitment is everything.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    18 months, 180 lbs . Diet 1200-1300 cals. Exercise everyday 15mins to begin ,now 2hours. Good food.... for me that is protein 100g a day. carbs 100g a day, and fat 50 g a day. Power and strength to do this ----God, family ,friends and MFP everyday!
  • debrachavis
    Options
    I've lost 124 from my highest weight of around 340. I have a before and during in my profile pics.

I DID have lapband surgery - may the haters shoot me dead on the spot - but, that didn't make this any easier. I still have to eat right and exercise to lose just like everybody else, but it did give me a little kickstart for my first 25 pounds or so. Didn't lose anything else with it until I started eating right and busting my hump at the gym/in Zumba class/on the streets/in my living room/etc.

I know people hate it when someone says "If I can do it, anyone can do it", but seriously? I never thought I'd get the weight off. I've stopped and started a gazillion times, fallen off the wagon, blah, blah, blah. But you stop, get your head around it, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and JFDI.

Here's a post I made a few weeks ago that highlights the "little" things I've gotten back from working so hard. Those little things have made all the difference to me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621267-nsvs-a-list-of-what-i-ve-gotten-back?hl=What+I've+gotten+back#posts-8957207

Good luck to all of you. Feel free to add me if you wish. I try to be as supportive as I can, but I have a very demanding job and I absolutely adore my sweet little family, so I don't have a whole lot of free time to give atta boys, but I do try :)

I looked at your profile you should be so proud of yourself... Your profile has inspried me and I know I can do it now... :)
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is my 1st goal. I'm 21.5 into it(2.5 not on here). The 2nd goal is 25 more pounds after that. Some of the weight came off quick and now it has slowed down a bit but I am loosing inches and my clothes are all getting too big. I don't want to loose too fast and have loose skin and gain it back. Slower and steady and never coming back on.
    I'm changing a lifestyle, this is not a fad for me.

I've increased my workouts to stay in a target heart range, added weights and strength training. I feel better about myself and can start to see a difference in how I am moving. The upside is I have strengthened back muscles so much that I am off the pain meds and the anti inflammatory meds for chronic back pain.

good luck to you and you can always add me as a friend, we are on the same journey.
  • forcexquit
    forcexquit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 65 lbs since I started dieting and exercising, but only 43 since I started on MFP. I'm still trying to lose about 100 more. I have cut out most meat, I sometimes eat fish or chicken, and I try to eat a lot of vegetables and not much carbs or sugar. I try to stay pretty active by swimming or doing other fun stuff, but I still try to workout at least 3 times a week for 45 minutes, but thats the hardest part to keep doing.
  • h2oophelia
    h2oophelia Posts: 48
    Options
    I started my journey on June 5th with 124 pounds to lose. Now, only 102 to go!!! Feel free to add! :flowerforyou:
  • hyop001
    hyop001 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started on July 1st and have 150 pounds to loose. Can use all the motivation I can get. Please add me into the support group1
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Me!! I am about one month into my journey to lose 110 pounds in one year. I have lost 9 pounds so far. I know this is doable. I lost eighty pounds about nine years ago but slowly put it back on and then some.
  • krystinaestabrooks
    Options
    Well I have been at it a week now and have lost 4 pounds - my goal is to eat everything that I always have but learn to control my portions.
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    I underwent a Gastric Sleeve in December and due to complications had it revised to a Roux-en-y gastric bypass. I started at my heaviest around 350lbs (at 23 years old) with a BMI of 52!!!!!

Now about 6 months later with a complete lifestyle overhaul, I am at 221lbs and a BMI of 34. Still have a long way to go, but feeling so good now!

A lot of people think that surgery is the easy way out, but I tell you folks... there is nothing easy about.

I applaud everyone who is losing weight without surgery, you guys rock! I know that for me, personally, I couldn't (and have tried since grade school) to shed the weight and keep it off without a medical intervention.

Diet and exercise are still the two most important factors in my weight loss (surgery aside) because I have learned how to communicate with my body, and am still in the process of mastering my mind. My head still wants all those bad habits it had before, but my body physically WON'T handle it. So, I am using the surgery as at tool to force myself to rewire my brain.... and its working!

Best of luck to all of us who have had or do have 100lbs or more to lose. It is daunting, and some days feels impossible... but you can do it. One way or another, you will conquer yourself.