protein shakes, whey/soy....? What and where to buy???

Options
di2losew8
di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
Does anyone use the vanilla soy protein powder from NatureMade....we bought some in chocolate first and it was good so we tried the vanilla....not bad. Do you all use it as a meal replacement? Think it's called Total Soy. Also what kind of Protein powder is best the whey or soy or something else altogether? I am pretty new to protein powders....my husband wanted to try some so a friend suggested the one I mentioned above. I have also seen people talking about flavors of powders....can you find those in the regular grocery store or local Walmart or do I need to go to a specialty store? Or order online? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    If it's for your husband, I wouldn't recommend soy for a man. In moderation there's no problem, but moderation is like 1serving/day.

I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, and I get it from GNC.

Whey constitutes about 20% of milk protein and is an easily digestible complete protein that doesn't have some of the perceived and studied side effects of soy.
  • hanbro
    hanbro Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a vegan and a cross country runner so I tasks a protien called nature fusion made from plant based products and this can act as a meal replacement however it is only 120 calories so I recommend eating something else along with it. I drink the chocolate flavor and love it! If I'm ever low on energy this always perks me up and it tastes even better when mixed with almond milk as opposed to water. I get this at whole foods but you could probably find it elsewhere also