How did you find your Motivation again?

Options

Replies

• musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When life itself begins to get hard and noone else understands and take the smallest of life's conveniences...
    Even if you start over everyday, even if you start over after your last crazy meal. Make the very next thing you do be exactly what you need to start over right then and there. Dont wait till Monday, Dont wait till after a holiday, Dont wait till after a vacation. Start right then and there. This is what I always tell myself...
    #JUST START
  • skinnyjuliaoz
    Options
    I started a group with a few girlfriends and gotta say we are all having so much fun loosing weight together! It's nice to have someone to work out with every once in a while and also people who will encourage you to keep going. Money is also a great insentive, we pay up if no weight lost within a week and at the end the biggest loser gets the $$$!
  • dajn44
    dajn44 Posts: 13
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds over a period of a year I lost my motivation about five months ago and started to gain weight. I have gained 20 pounds in this last five months. Have just started tracking and exercising again about two weeks ago. The thing that got me started again was looking at all the new clothes I had bought that I am not fitting into an my middle is starting to hang over my pants again i hate that. I got out all my old fat pictures and put them on the fridge so I can see how far I let myself go and this helps keep me honest. I also quit beating myself up about getting off track I am not perfect I am human and am allowed to make mistakes. Give yourself a break dont look at is as 60 pounds to go look at it one day at a time. this helps it is easier to look at just one day of life changes. Add me as a friend and we can encourage each other. I need all the help I can get.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your insights. I'm noting many recommendations :)

I think I have to look at motivation this way:

What if you lost $1,000 cash in your house, what would you do? How would you look? Would you stop looking until you found it again? Would you sit down and cry? Have concerns about where it may have went? Or would you just keep doing nothing to find it and hope that one day, just one day that it showed up again?
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    look under the bed.

Form a habit. once you get used to doing something (or not doing something) it gets easier. :)
  • TOOFATTOMOVE
    TOOFATTOMOVE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :0
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Motivation is just a word, don't attach anything you do to motivation, that way, you won't need to rely on motivation to do something =]

What I did was, if I didn't feel like doing something, I did it anyway =]
  • deedeehatcher
    Options
    I have fought a weight problem most of my life. It seemed that every morning I would make a committment to start a diet and by that night, I had failed (once more). Then one day my husband and I decided to try nutrisystem. The diet helped me to learn portion control and it was very easy to follow. I lost 35 pounds in 15 weeks. My daughter and daughter-in-law turned me on to this site and this is only my second day here. I love connection to other people who are trying to become healthier too! I still need to lose another 35-40 pounds. We can all do it, if we encourage each other! Good luck.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I find that I do better when I have a concrete tangible goal with a firm time table. Right now I am training for a half-marathon. My workouts are basically planned for me for the next 82 days and I know that if my diet is not on point, I will not be as successful.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I started a group with a few girlfriends and gotta say we are all having so much fun loosing weight together! It's nice to have someone to work out with every once in a while and also people who will encourage you to keep going. Money is also a great insentive, we pay up if no weight lost within a week and at the end the biggest loser gets the $$$!

What a neat idea! I love the idea of making a game of it and 'winning' something at the end of a week, even if it's only a couple of bucks.

Great stuff!
  • PJK715
    PJK715 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started this in May of 2011 and lost 25lbs. I kept it off until Feb of this year and gained it all back. The reason I stared in the first place was because I wanted to be fit by 40! I was nearly half way to my goal and after all that hard work lost motivation. I turned 39 a few days ago and I made up my mind I've got to do this. I have 1 year to get it done and I will be so upset with myself if I turn 40 and did not reach my goal. Good luck on your motiviation! I'm praying and seeking God to help me and I know that I can, because His Word says, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phillipians 4:13.

Logging my food and exercise is good for me too, because I can see it and track it. I didn't do so good today food wise, but instead of continuing in my bad habits, I'm going to start new tomorrow. This really is a lifestyle change for me, not just a diet. I want a healthier life.

Good Luck and God Bless!!!
  • ThePTrain
    ThePTrain Posts: 18
    Options
    Yes I went to a trainer for over 7 months and I didn't lose anything. I got very depressed and stopped. I figured I was happy and it didn't matter. But then I got bigger and more depressed. I finally went to see a doctor found I needed to go on thyroid medicine. At the same time I received a wedding invitation for the family that I haven't seen in a long time. The combination of those things got me back on track and working harder than ever. Also did I mention I am turning 50 in Sept and that helped also. lol
  • jfwifey12
    jfwifey12 Posts: 11
    Options
    Absolutely my motivation too - someone posted a pict of me on fb from our weekend away and I looked horrible - certainly the motivation to get back on track!
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    It's very hard to find that motivation again. It took me over a year of "Starting again" on Monday. Plenty of "this is it". Finally I had some real good friends recommend this site and it just happened. I finally feel in control again.

You're not alone with this. Stick around and meet some friends. Good luck!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to find that motivation again. It took me over a year of "Starting again" on Monday. Plenty of "this is it". Finally I had some real good friends recommend this site and it just happened. I finally feel in control again.

Agreed! Everyday is "starting again" Lol and in our case it's "STAHTIN AGIN" :)
  • TXStephSki
    TXStephSki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost my motivation for over a year, more like 18 months. I knew I had gained weight back, and I knew I had lost muscle tone. I wasn't happy with how I looked, but didn't do anything to change it. I had a treadmill and a gym membership and they both collected dust. I started thinking about working out again in April, and finally got moving on it last month. We joined a new gym and just hanging out there is really motivating. I took a fitness assessment and was horrified- my stats were much worse than I thought. That is probably my biggest motivator right now, I make myself look at those numbers regularly so I don't go into denial again. Try exercising again for a week, and don't put any pressure on yourself to maintain a certain speed or resistance, just do what you used to enjoy. After a week, I felt like myself again. And the more I exercised, the more I wanted to eat healthy and vice versa. Good luck, I completely understand how you feel.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Agreed! Everyday is "starting again" Lol and in our case it's "STAHTIN AGIN" :)

Also, one of my motivators were moving to MA. If you take a look around Bah-ston, not too many huge people around. THAT can be motivating in and of itself.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    just decided i was gonna do it and make myself everyday
  • jeffbond
    jeffbond Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im getting divorced. I want her to see what she is never, ever gonna have again, lol
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Anyone else ever lose their motivation for a long period of time (like over a year)?

What did you do to get it back?

I've been at the same weight for over a year, but I have over 60 more lbs to lose. What can get my spark going again?

I looked in the mirror and decided that I didn't want to be me, the new me, the fat me, the unhappy me, anymore. So I went for a walk. Then I went for a run. Then I started tracking my food. Next thing you know, I'm in full beast mode being an athlete again and loving every second of it.

Go take a good hard look in the mirror and make a decision.

^^This is exactly how I did it. I saw a picture that pissed me off. I started C25K even though I hated to run. I was running a 5k distance within 4 months. I got back on the weights and liked the results I was seeing. I've now run a Warrior Dash and lift as heavy as I possibly can.