Any Polar FT60 users out there?

Options
I've done my research and read reviews on the different HRM's on the market and am thinking about buying the Polar FT60. I wanted to get the opinions of my MFP buddies. If you have one, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yep

I love it.
    Its got lots of gadgets you can add on too if you want to get more into training - eg. foot pod, gps, weblink. (all these cost extra though)

The FT60 is great.its got a training program built in that guides you on how much you should be training per week and gives you a little star if you hit the targets~~~ You don't know how happy I was when i got my first star!! hahaha

I have the footpod for running and the weblink uploading tool.. i like them a lot but they are not essential.

LEt me know if you have any specific questions.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have an older model but I absolutely love it. It came highly recommended by everyone at my gym. The HRM is accurate and it will take your workouts to a whole new level. The numbers on the machines at the gym are not accurate for exercise but the watch is... it makes a big difference. BUY IT!!!!
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have no complaints. I really like it and the chest strap is comfortable. I too did my research and found this one to be the best.
    But before you buy it - look into the Fitbit Ultra, I just bought mine today. fitbit.com
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys! I am so ready to just buy it today!! LOL
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    Options
    One more thing... is it also good to use them during strength training or just cardio?
  • iminaquagmire
    iminaquagmire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research and was going to go with the FT80 but ended up going with the Suunto Quest instead. The reason was the software and the durability of the watch. I read a lot of complaints about the Polar software being amateurish and like an afterthought. The Sunnto software so far connects easily and creating training programs is easily done. As for the durability, I can't really speak from experience, but the reviews I read said the battery is easy to change, lasts a long time (especially as compared to a GPS watch) and the bezel doesn't scratch as easily as the polar watches. I so far can see the backlight well in dark conditions and the normal face in daylight well ( a common complaint I found about the Polar watches.) I've used it several times lifting and it works for calories and heart rate just the same, but haven't tried using it for any programs. As I understand it, the FT80 is the one meant for weight training.

Now the quest is a little more expensive than the FT60, but has more options. Like the Polars though, you can start off with just the watch which will come with the heart rate band and then buy the other pieces separately. The Suunto quest has the option for a foot pod that tracks cadence and distance among other things, a bike pod that does the same, and there are rumors of a GPS add on as well. These things all connect to the watch wirelessly which stores the data until you connect it with the Moveslink USB dongle which is tiny, unlike the Polar one. There is also an iPod/iPhone app for the Suunto.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm the computer person in our house. My husband calls me his gadget girl.

For Father's Day/Birthday, I purchased af FT80 for my husband. I also purchased an FT40 for myself.
    I got frustrated looking at the reports on his FT80, and comparing them to the reports on my FT40. I returned the FT40, and we now have two FT80's. We are very happy with them. My husband has changed his workout because of it ... he was actually overtraining!

We use the flowlink, to upload the data every day to Polar.com. It gives decent data, but it could be better. I do love the graph that shows how the heart rate fluctuates on a minute by minute basis. (A little like an EKG!) This lets me show my husband how much he has gone over his goal, and we can figure out what he was doing at that time. (At aged 64, I don't like it when he does interval training, and runs on the treadmill, pushing his heart to 97% on the treadmill! Now that he's used to it, he rarely goes over 90.)

I'm not sure what the reports are with the FT60. It does have the Star Training Program, which is awesome! I'm make sure it has the graph report.

Hope this helps!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    Options
    I'm the computer person in our house. My husband calls me his gadget girl.

For Father's Day/Birthday, I purchased af FT80 for my husband. I also purchased an FT40 for myself.
    I got frustrated looking at the reports on his FT80, and comparing them to the reports on my FT40. I returned the FT40, and we now have two FT80's. We are very happy with them. My husband has changed his workout because of it ... he was actually overtraining!

We use the flowlink, to upload the data every day to Polar.com. It gives decent data, but it could be better. I do love the graph that shows how the heart rate fluctuates on a minute by minute basis. (A little like an EKG!) This lets me show my husband how much he has gone over his goal, and we can figure out what he was doing at that time. (At aged 64, I don't like it when he does interval training, and runs on the treadmill, pushing his heart to 97% on the treadmill! Now that he's used to it, he rarely goes over 90.)

I'm not sure what the reports are with the FT60. It does have the Star Training Program, which is awesome! I'm make sure it has the graph report.

Hope this helps!

Thanks GrammaBonnie! I am a big reports/graphs kind of person, so I'm sure I'll love the reports it provides! :)
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    Options
    I just received my Polar FT60 in the mail over the weekend and am so excited! After work tonight I plan on trying out for the first time during my run... can't wait!! :)
  • hablondi
    hablondi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but was wondering if you could tell me if you use your FT60 with the fitbit? If so, do you feel like the FT60 gives you useful information that the Fitbit doesn't?

I have a Fitbit One and am in need of a new heart rate monitor. I am thinking of the FT60 but was wondering if I would just be getting the same information that I get from my Fitbit.

TIA!