How did you find your Motivation again?

Options
13»

Replies

• stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been down this road so many times. This time feels different to me. I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but it just feels different.

I joined MFP last year and never used it. In April of this year, I started using it again - and quickly fell off the wagon at Easter. Then, at the beginning of May, a bunch of my friends on FB decided that we all felt like we needed to do something, so we started a closed group for ourselves on there where we could motivate each other - and be accountable to each other. Something just clicked. By the end of May I rejoined my old gym (where I hadn't been in YEARS) and since then I've been working out 5-6 times a week - either in the gym or going to long walks at the local park. It's gotten to the point where I feel like crap if I don't do some sort of exercise.

Since I've started I've lost 19 lbs and dropped a clothing size and THAT is all the motivation I need to keep going :happy:

My advice to you is to just start - start doing something - track your food, exercise a few minutes each day. Eventually you will start to see some positive results - and I think those positive results are probably going to be what it takes to keep you motivated!!

Good luck!!
  • JAYNEROCKS310
    JAYNEROCKS310 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I took a picture of myself in a bikini and taped it to the fridge everytime I go for a snack I'm so repulsed by the picture I don't want to eat.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    For me, I have to try something new or it doesn't motivate me. I try doing a different weight training program at the gym, different machines, eating different calories, new foods, etc.
  • MaverickUK2K
    Options
    My motivation was looking in the mirror, seeing that I look obscenely obese, plus never being able to find awesome clothes that fit.
  • NJHannah
    NJHannah Posts: 21
    Options
    I buy myself a new fitness tool, or something body and beauty related...today I bought a Fitbit...walked twice as much as before...motivation restored.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Joining MFP was my biggest re-motivation. After losing 50 lbs and being on MFP over a year, I find that it's slacking again. Not totally gone, but a bit MIA. I created a group to help with that, and it is helping so far: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6963-kimberly-s-inspiration-motivation-incentive-kimi It's open to anyone and runs much like a challenge, but without all the rules. I really like it. It's helping me a lot.
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started to eat healthier and work out regularly back in January, but after a month of that, I fell off the wagon and stopped. I'd made some good progress too, now that I look at the photos, but the scale hadn't budged, so I assumed I hadn't made much progress because my weight was still the same. I wish I'd thought to take measurements of different parts of my body, because I'm sure it would have made a difference!

I found my motivation again this time through a combination of factors: my husband and I just visited my family back in our hometown and although we had a great time, I can't stand to look at the photos because I can't believe that obese woman is actually me; we're 41 weeks away from moving to a new state, so I want a "clean slate"; and I've been looking at the cutest clothes on Pinterest and feeling depressed over my own "fat uniform" wardrobe of big and black everything. So now I'm back on the wagon, hopefully for good this time! This time I've chosen two workout programs to follow, instead of just trying to figure it out myself (doing Ripped in 30 and Couch to 5K), I've enlisted my mom as a support person, and I've joined MFP to get some community support and accountability. Also, I took measurements this time when I started, so that I can check those if the scale doesn't budge. It's only been a week, but I've already lost 2 inches from each thigh, 2.5 inches from my bust, and an inch from my chest! :)