Hi! Trying this out because WW is too expensive. :/

Options
13»

Replies

• TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Jean! I also did WW but didn't lose as much as I have counting calories. And like you said, it was too expensive. I'm new to this site too, so feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    MFP is free, easy, and it works! Just be patient and follow the plan. You will see results - slowly, but surely. Just beware some of the dumb advice some of the know-it-alls around here give. :noway:
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good choice. At the end of the day, WW exists for profit . . . if everyone lost the weight, WW would go out of business ;)

My hubby has been telling me this for years... I always wanted to try WW, finally did on a deal with my insurance company. Long story short, they switched points system on me smack in the middle which involved a $25+ purchase to even count your points that wasn't reimbursed! All in all, I actually gained about 10 lbs in the 10 weeks :( Just wasn't for me, too complicated!

I've been using this site for a year now, have gone up and down, but stayed within a 10 lb range so I'm actually pretty pleased with myself
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I never did join WW...can't justify the cost. I suppose if I had that kind of money I would join a gym!

Work out hard, be honest with yourself and find some great friends with similar goals...it will work :)
  • tonyspumas
    tonyspumas Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, the people here are great and very supportive. Also with great advice, so.... what do you have in mind, exercise dvds, healthy eating, gym, running, etc...
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. A friend showed me this app on my phone and I was hooked. I works much better then WW.
  • MaverickUK2K
    Options
    Welcome to MFP good lookin'!

Rule #1: do NOT deprive yourself of what you love 100% of the time. If you have a really bad craving for chocolate, have a piece. If you have a really bad craving for something else, have it now and then. Completely removing the foods you love from your life will usually result in failure 90% of the time. Eating what you want, in moderation and within your allowance, you'll hardly realise you're even on a diet. FACT.

I tried Slimming World prior to calorie counting and whilst I had success with losing 2 stone, I often derailed and put weight back on before starting over again - a cycle of absolute idiosy. However, with calorie counting you're not limited to what foods you can or cannot have, you have an 'allowance' that, for me at least, you can 'spend' on what you want - within reason of course.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm another convert from WW. I joined under their Points Program and was losing weight just fine. Then the switch to Points Plus and I was starving and stopped losing weight. They should have never changed it. I told myself that I would spend the money for it until it stopped working for me. That is when I found MFP. LOVE the site!! LOVE that it's FREE!!! LOVE the community!! LOVE how easy it was to make friends. I started 39 days ago and have lost 10 lbs and am going strong. One of the best features is that the exercise gives you a lot more credit on this site than WW etools.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I used WW a few years ago and lost some weight, but had to cancel because of the cost (I only used the eTools for around $20 a month I think?). Anyhow I unfortunately gained back 25lbs so I decided I needed to get back on track and MFP was suggested to me and I like it better. I like that I don't have to convert everything into points and figure out how many, ect. I also feel this website is more supportive and has more information that teaches you how to be healthy longterm.

Goodluck!
  • jasminecandle
    Options
    I decided to come here instead of WW as well. Welcome!
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been successful on WW on the old system, but just found new system so long winded. MFP is amazing and support is second to none, but best of all it's free.

Add me if you want and I'll be happy to support you on your weightloss journey. :smile:
  • south001
    south001 Posts: 19
    Options
    thius site is awesome if you use the reports and log exercise as well,
  • MrsAdemolu
    Options
    I have tried WW online and this is really similar. I think you will like this one more because its FREE! LOL but it is a very helpful site it really keeps me on track and I have lost 11lbs so far. So good luck to you!
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day.
  • Deltabigboy
    Options
    Same story here. Did WW for one month and gained weight. Then I went to sparkpeople which worked fine but I wanted to be able to sync my fitbit which led me to MyfitnessPal! I much prefer seeing what I'm actually eating as opposed to just seeing 3 points or 6 points etc. Being able to look at a moments notice at how much fiber or sodium I've had is awesome! Myfitnesspal helps you make better choices of what you put in your mouth.
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOVE Love LOVE MFP