How many pounds...

Options
mzcruise
mzcruise Posts: 24 Member
do you have to lose, on average, to drop a pants/dress size?

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

True story.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too. But I have dropped from (UK) 18 to 12-14 with 30.5lbs lost. Tried dividing it but it was a fail. Can't work it out. Will probably Google it at some point.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    well without working out 10lbs.. but with working out, I've gone from a 12 to an 8 in the past 4 weeks with less than 5 lbs lost.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You can lose inches without even losing lbs. There is no right answer to this question.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options

True story.

Yep, I agree. You can go down a pant/dress size just by toning.
  • anitac0126
    anitac0126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    well without working out 10lbs.. but with working out, I've gone from a 12 to an 8 in the past 4 weeks with less than 5 lbs lost.

That ROCKS! WTG!
  • rottiegirl22
    rottiegirl22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Took me 30 pounds to go down a single size. Would be nice if there was a standard, but alas, there is not.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I lost 29 lbs, from 167 to 138

I was in a 12 (should have been a 14) at 167
    a 4-6 at 138.

I gained back some weight. I'm at 152 now. I'm still wearing the 6s and they are falling off of me.

The best part is, I can still fit snugly into my 12s from Levi company, but my Lucky Brand 4s are still comfortable. So I have no freaking idea what size I am. I don't really care as long as I can find comfy jeans.
  • auburnblue
    auburnblue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You know, it really depends... height, body type, etc. Also, in the larger sizes, there is a bigger differrence in between the sizes. Generally, the waist of a 18 is 1.5 inches bigger than a 16. But there is only an inch difference between a 4 and 6.

Then it depends upon where you lose weight first on your body. I gain and lose weight in my waist easily, but my legs don't change nearly as much.

For me (I'm 5'9), it took me about 25 pounds to go from an 18 to a 16 in pants. When I was a size 8, it did not take much before I had to wear a 10 again.
  • Nsmurphy
    Nsmurphy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    True....everyone is a little different, for me I am 5ft 9in, so it takes me about 20 lbs
  • mzcruise
    mzcruise Posts: 24 Member
    Options

That ROCKS! WTG!

DITTO!!
  • cserrano317
    Options
    Msitgeekwoman............please tell me your secrets :) I need to drop some pant sizes.. Great job by the way
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You can lose inches without even losing lbs. There is no right answer to this question.

^^^ This is why I make sure that I weight/strength train along side my cardio!

I weighed 167 n lost 1/2 inch on my waist n a full inch on my thigh, still @ 167.
    Now I've lost 2 pounds n another inch off my waist n 1/2 off my thigh. It depends on how much
    muscle you're gaining while losing fat. Good luck hun, keep at it and you will get there!
  • MellowCee
    MellowCee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Jillian's 30-day Shred for only 5 days, coupled with sensible eating and relatively moderate yard work and I have lost about 6 lbs. I tried on my previous "goal" jeans and were able to button them. (Not gonna front like that look hot just yet, but realized I have to change my goal.) I have taped myself twice and it's not a significant difference, but I couldn't even fit into the jeans prior to this. So that's my round-about way of saying that it varies, depending on your activities, in my humble opinion.