Trying to make a meal plan

Options
so, Imy new plan is to plan out my meals for the week. I tend to be better with calories and healthy eating if I plan what I'm going to eat and stick to it rather then wing it every day. I am trying to stick to a 40/30/30 plan carbs/protein/fat. Anyone have advice or a plan I could borrow? just to get me started. I try to avoid gluten, so no wheat, rye or barley, but other then that I'm pretty open. I also have thyroid disease if anyone has tips:) thanks

Replies

• kait_m83
    kait_m83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oh, I'm aiming for 1500-1700 calories a day:)
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Im also not eating gluten. I make chili, stuffed pepper soup (My sister fell in love with this when I started making it! lol and she's picky) http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/stuffed-pepper-soup.html
    I have an awesome recipe for gluten free pancakes if your interested ( super easy, only rice flour instead of expensive mixes)
    I've started eating overnight oats for breakfast http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/skinny-overnight-oats-in-jar.html
    Rootbeer pulled pork http://crockpot365.blogspot.ca/2011/03/slow-cooker-rootbeer-pulled-pork-recipe.html This one is sooo good. I put it over mashed potatoes/rice
    And this one I am planning on making this week: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/05/14/easy-one-bite-pizzas-with-loaded-pizza-sauce/
    Oh and beef stew. No recipe, I just throw meat and veggies in with beef cubes in the slow cooker. Yum.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    so, Imy new plan is to plan out my meals for the week. I tend to be better with calories and healthy eating if I plan what I'm going to eat and stick to it rather then wing it every day. I am trying to stick to a 40/30/30 plan carbs/protein/fat. Anyone have advice or a plan I could borrow? just to get me started. I try to avoid gluten, so no wheat, rye or barley, but other then that I'm pretty open. I also have thyroid disease if anyone has tips:) thanks

Well.. you could try this route:
    For each day of the week, pick a protein for the dish and focus on creating it from there.
    Monday: chicken
    Tuesday: seafood
    Wednesday: pork
    Thursday: beef
    Friday: Turkey...... yadda yadda yadda

Or... consider it a cultural angle

Monday: Mexican
    Tuesday: American
    Wednesday: Italian
    Thursday: French
    Friday: Vietnamese ..... yadda yadda yadda

Dont be afraid to explore spice-palates and seasoning families.

Create some seasoning rubs when you are ready to get your grill-freak on!
    Homemade BBQ sauces as well!!!

Ultimately, planning is limitless...

......side note: If you are thinking "lady, you are crazy - Vietnamese???" Nope.. dead serious.. They use the same normal ingredients as we do in many of their dishes. They have an amazing Cabbage salad with onion, carrot, finely crumbled peanuts, pan-fried tofu, and the dressing is quick, easy and more importantly, very easy to find locally too... no quirky ingredients... I make a MEAN bowl of Pho (noodle free), but use shirataki instead, thinly sliced lean meats, fresh vegetables, homemade stock and sriracha right by my side! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • peachknee
    peachknee Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow - Excellent idea from cramernh !! I may have to give that a try, myself :)
  • cramernh
    Options

www.recipesource.com - its a great website and you might need alot of coffee while you search.... lol.... alot!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

www.recipesource.com - its a great website and you might need alot of coffee while you search.... lol.... alot!

Thank you! Good stuff on this site:-)
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat gluten free as well, can be difficult. For breakfast I make this chicken sausage on the weekend and it makes enough to last the whole week http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chicken_apple_sausage.html. I also usually eat fruit with it.

For dinner stir fry is always easy and healthy, I cut my veggies on the weekend and then all you have to do is toss everything in the pan. And I use maple grove dressings as marinade, very healthy, and if you want this a few times a week just try a different dressing to change up the flavor. I like the honey dijon, italian balsamic, and asiago and garlic. But they have a big variety and most are gluten free.
  • kait_m83
    kait_m83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone there are some great ideas. Cramernh I'm definately going to check out that site. I love Pho, although I've never made it myself, but I may give it a try. Thanks again for the help everyone:)
  • cramernh
    Options
    Thanks everyone there are some great ideas. Cramernh I'm definately going to check out that site. I love Pho, although I've never made it myself, but I may give it a try. Thanks again for the help everyone:)

I promise you the only thing major is the preparation of everything... otherwise its basically a stew's worth of food in a bowl of refreshing broth....and its easy!!!!