I still log my calories everyday just for interest
    How many calories a day on SW ?
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    What is slimming world?
  • leahturner123
    Options
    i done it before and lost 2 srtone, i only started back 2 weeks ago! im loving it, i have been logging exersize but i am goingto log food after iv been weighed on monday!! :)
  • magneticreikipaul
    magneticreikipaul Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i did slimming world and found it was ok to start i lost weight
    however they have some good food optimising ideas
    on the negative side they don't care how much you exercise or gain muscle
    all they seemed to care about was the weigh in fees
    this is why i stopped going
  • leahturner123
    Options

i find its just a good way of eating the right things :)
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I lost 5stone in a year on sw, and am still on it at target. There's a sw group on here If you want to meet others following the plan x
  • SiBarber
    SiBarber Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi,

I've attended Slimming World twice in the past and would definitely recommend it. The first time I went I kept it up for about 9 months and lost around 3st (42 lbs), but the huge majority of that was in the first few months. Perhaps more importantly I kept alnost all of the weight off after I stopped going. Some notes from my experience:

- I lost a lot more weight when I was filling in a food diary, so using MFP as well is definitely a good idea.
    - When I stopped staying for the meetings I pretty much stopped losing weight. If you don't have to sit there and explain yourself to the rest of the group then you lose some of the motivation.
    - While I'm still not sure of the "science" behind it, you really can lose weight by eating as much as you like (of certain things).

Simon

P.S. yarwell - You don't count calories on Slimming World, you have Red and Green days and can eat as much as you like of certain things on each day, then you have "Syns" which are like Weight Watchers points for the other stuff.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    all they seemed to care about was the weigh in fees
    this is why i stopped going

I think I depends on the group, the leader and you get out what you put in. My leaders have always been very encouraging of exercise, and while you're losing, while you have a lot to lose, musle gain makes a vey small impact. I like sw because it so flexible, and you can set you own goals...they let you change you target if o reach where you want to be and weigh for free...
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I do slimming world from home, I find it really works for me because I really don't want to be worrying about having carbs/how many calories are in everything, etc. I do log on here to keep track of what I'm eating though because like someone else said, it's good to have a food diary and I love the support :D Feel free to add me if you want a SW buddy!
  • EmilyWillBeSlim
    EmilyWillBeSlim Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yarwell, brewface81

On slimming world you can eat as much veg, fruit, lean meat, potato, pasta, rice as you like. There are no set calories, but they have syns, 15 a day for things like bread, cereal, sweets, alcohol and any dressing or sauces etc. A syn is typically 20 calories so in theory you get 300 calories for naughty things.
    As you have to make everything from scratch its a good way of clean eating and have the syns as extras everyday.
    They encourage exercising and exchanging recipes

SiBarber, ive found the food diarys are very helpful, i have kept one everyday since i started. Well done on keeping it off, i think SW gives you the tools to be able to keep the weight off its just a matter of following them which proves the most difficult!!
  • sillysam061
    Options
    I've just started today, will someone tell me if I've done it correctly.

Breakfast: 2 boiled egg, 2 pieces of lean bacon and some mushrooms
    Dinner: One jacket potato (no butter), white fish and some fat free cottage cheese.
    Tea: Ready Brek with 350 skimmed milk (Healthy A and B)

Snacks: Fat free Muller yoghurt with strawberries and an orange.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I did it a while back, I found it hard to stick with. And as soon as I stopped it all went back on. I find just eating well and excercising is much better.
  • sadowska
    sadowska Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm doing slimming world but I'm worried that with all the free food I'm just eating too many calories to possibly lose weight. The idea behind it is that it naturally reduces your calorie intake by filling you up on low energy density free foods. I checked out a couple of the days on the 7 day planner on the sw website and they came in at around 1300 calories plus 200 for syns. But check out my food diary, I'm having over 2000 calories per day! (ignore Tuesday, that was a disaster). I'm following all the rules but at this rate i just don't see how it could work. Is anyone else on slimming world eating as many calories as me and still losing?
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    I am ive been doing it 10 weeks and lost 31.5 lbs :)
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    I'm doing slimming world but I'm worried that with all the free food I'm just eating too many calories to possibly lose weight. The idea behind it is that it naturally reduces your calorie intake by filling you up on low energy density free foods. I checked out a couple of the days on the 7 day planner on the sw website and they came in at around 1300 calories plus 200 for syns. But check out my food diary, I'm having over 2000 calories per day! (ignore Tuesday, that was a disaster). I'm following all the rules but at this rate i just don't see how it could work. Is anyone else on slimming world eating as many calories as me and still losing?

Thats what I worry about I follow the plan but log my calories on here and try not to go over my goal on here:)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I am. How are you getting on with it?
    Ive been doing it for about 12 weeks and lost 16.5lbs
    I still log my calories everyday just for interest
    How many calories a day on SW ?

You eat as much as you like of certain things as long as its the right 'day'. So on Green days you can have as much pasta, rice, etc, and on Red as much meat, eggs. Then you get 'syns' to use on items that dont fit in with those, such as wine, or crisps or whatever. Its not actually bad for meal plans and such, Ive never done it, but read the magazine sometimes for recipe ideas. Its about creating healthy ways of eating good healthy foods without being too restrictive. As it goes its probably not too bad a choice for a slimming club.
  • sadowska
    Options
    Im doing extra easy which is a bit different- more free foods. The problem is I know how it's supposed to work- by reducing your calorie intake by filling you up on free foods- but I just don't see that happening. Has anyone else counted calories while on sw?
  • sadowska
    Options
    Anyone? It would be so helpful to see the food diary of someone on sw. You should be able to see mine but let me know if not.

On another note- I'm doing hypnotherapy for weight loss next week! Will let you know how it goes. Hopefully it will help stop me obsessing about food. Has anyone else tried it?