45 year old in for the long haul! Hello!

Options
Hiya!

My name is Tracy, I'm 45 and I started my weight loss journey on Jan 1st. My start weight was 18-2, which is HUGE considering I'm only 5'4"! I've had a few setbacks but have started running etc and my last weigh in revealed that I was 13-9, having lost 63lbs. My dress size has gone down from a 24 to a 16. Its very exciting. I have been on a diet all of my adult life, but this time something just clicked, I realised that I had to do it now. My blood pressure was through the roof (200/115) and I was on the verge of developing type 2 diabetes. I also couldn't walk very far without stopping for a rest because my back hurt so much. Now my BP is 118/70 most days and I'm feeling so much better.

I've joined MyFitnessPal as I'm 7 months in to this journey now and am kinda developing a bit of a lazy attitude to it - diet like a LEGEND all week and then hit the weekend and it's all bets off! I'm looking forward to making some new friends and reading all of your stories to re-incentivise myself.

I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you all.

T x x x x x

Replies

• snowball69
    snowball69 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you can do it welcome to my fitness pal i will send u a request
  • Barbaraschneeberger
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and trying to get healthier. You are doing great on your weight loss!!!
  • Nigelfightingfit
    Nigelfightingfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    48 and getting to pudgy around the middle.
    We all need help, feel free to add me for support and encouragement :wink: