Stuck

Options
I am currently stuck at my weight and cannot lose anything. I work out daily and eat as well balanced as I can. I will be the first to admit that I slip up every once in awhile...but I still have a ton to lose...like 35lbs and it will not go anywhere!! I thought it would be easy to lose it with a lifestyle change but I am getting discouraged!! What am I doing wrong?!?!?!:mad: Please help!!!!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hard to give you any feedback if your diary is locked from public view.
  • Lauren0822
    Lauren0822 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on the Medifast diet, so I don't report it on here as I do on their website and also Bodymedia but maybe I should post it here too!! :)
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it is time to switch up your diet and exercise routine. I noticed you have only 35 lbs to loose, so I was surprised to read that you are using Medifast. Perhaps it is time to switch to traditional food.

The body adapts to change really fast so, the longer you do the same thing, the less effective it becomes. This goes for your gym routine, too. Once your routine no longer makes you sweat, you need to modify it or complete a new exercise.

Finally, how many calories do you consume? Is your thyroid condition under control now? When I began my journey, I was hypothyroid and needed to net 800 or less to loose weight. Now that I am on medication and my metabolism is better, I need to net 1000+ to see progress. I was nervous to eat more and drink more, but the results (4 lbs gone and one inch in waist in one week) suggest otherwise. The same might be the case for you, and you may need to eat more food now.

Good luck, and feel free to friend me if you think I can be of any support to you.
  • lynellpastor
    lynellpastor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about the medifast diet except for the fact that it looks like many of the other food-plan diets on the market. I can only draw on my experience using My Fitness Pal. You should log on this site. If you are being honest and sticking to portion sizes, you should start to drop weight. What I have found from using this site is that if I keep from snacking between meals or eat low calorie snacks, I can easily stick to my daily calorie goal. Bottom line is it's a lifestyle change and that is why the pre-packaged meal plans don't work long term. Eating out is problematic for me as I always feel the need to clean my plate. I sometimes will ask a server to box up half my meal before it comes out. I also don't keep tempting snacks in the house and certainly don't keep them out in view like in a snack jar. I hope any of this helps. Stick to it. Lifestyle changes take time :)
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Mix it up. Make sure you are eating enough. At the beginning of the year I lost 7 lbs. when I quit eating sugar then I got stuck. I started slowly adding fruit back into my diet, exercising and eating really healthy. I've lost 17 lbs. since the first of the year. I eat a lot of cucumber, low sugar foods, fruits and hardly any red meat. I use ground turkey breast when I make vegetable soup and it is good. In fact, I've made vegetabel soup several times because I don't have to figure out different veggies to get into my diet. Good luck in your journey. I'm on this site a couple of times every day. I read all the encouraging stories and it helps me out - especially when I see others' photos. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I work out daily and eat as well balanced as I can.

Heres your problem.
    You offer your body no recovery time and you are cutting calories.

Abbreviate your routine to 3 days and eat properly and youll lose fat.

If you dont, you wont!
  • Lauren0822
    Options
    I am on medication for my thyroid but it doesn't make me feel any different and my doctor wont change my dose so that's a dead end and I eat about 1200 calories a day. The Medifast diet suggests 800 but that isn't really doing anything for me either, the only good thing about it is that it limits my carbs and ups my protein intake. I have been as balanced as I can, and I do P90x daily and go to the gym 3 times a week. I feel like I am trying so hard and getting nowhere!!!
  • Lauren0822
    Options
    I will try to work on the recovery time...you are right about that maybe it is to much!! Thank you!! :smile: