Does anyone else HATE exercising?

Options
It's not that I really "hate" exercising. I just get so bored. I'd love to join a gym but we can't afford that just yet. Also, I have no car until further notice!

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I hate going to the gym but I love leaving
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I got bored .... when I had a gym membership.

It's all about finding something you enjoy doing. I just kept trying different things. Do you have Netflix or a Wii or XBox

Netflix has a few streaming workouts.... lots more by mail. I got workout DVDs by mail every week. Now I have a collection that I rotate thru ... and get occasional new ones to keep it fresh.

collagevideo.com is a site that sells workout DVDs - a great resource to help sort thru the good & the boring

Wii & XBox have workout "games" ..... Redbox even rents a few of these

Hiking, biking, sports leagues .... it doesn't have to be the "usual." Keep looking & you will find the "one" thing you really enjoy.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Try TurboFire workout DVDs , they are a BLAST and a HUGE calorie burner!
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    I dont like it either. So I stay at home and play the wii besides doing a lot of walking at work.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I hate being fat more.
    So I find a way to move my butt: gym, DVD, getting outside.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    If you find an activity that you really enjoy, you won't hate it. On the contrary, you'll have trouble stopping yourself from doing it. Don't feel compelled to do what everyone else is doing either.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    If you have no car maybe you should start walking/running/cycling places.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I hate the thought of doing it, mostly enjoy it when I am doing it, am usually relieved when it is over!
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i have sooooo many means of exercise, i can't get bored lol. I do zumba on the wii and have 3 other w/o discs i use, and i record exercise programs off sky Body Balance channel and fitness TV. maybe if u mix it up a bit you'll enjoy it more x
  • momteacher2013
    Options
    I usually hate working out but I've always been one who LOVES group fitness classes. I find I push myself so much harder during them and best of all, I actually enjoy them. It's the only thing I know i can do consistently. We're tight on cash but I'm going to cut other things out so that I can afford the gym membership that includes classes.
  • chelsearosess
    chelsearosess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said to try Turbofire! I used to hate working out and also had a problem with getting really bored. With Turbofire, though, I actually look forward to working out. You move around so much during the workouts that you don't have time to hate it or feel bored! It's a lot of fun.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I haven't found one that I LOVE yet. When my mind isn't engaged I get fed up. I'd like to learn dance routines but I haven't found a reliable resource for myself, that's been my goal lately, to find a decent youtube channel or website for it. Meanwhile I've been following the girl on blogilates!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    THIS GIRL!!! Well I love to swim...
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yep! In a gym, anyway - I usually find it's bearable when I start, and feel proud of myself after every workout I do, but I would love to have the time/space/etc. to be able to do other things more often; hike, canoe, raft, climb, frisbee, etc. : ) The gym gets pretty monotonous for me!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    MEEE!!!! I hate it. I do it anyway, but I do not enjoy myself while I'm doing it or the next hour after it.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I hate being fat more.
    So I find a way to move my butt: gym, DVD, getting outside.

^^^^^I concur!!!!!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I enjoy walking, especially if I can find someone to walk with that can keep up with me.

I am not fond of the gym but, i think mainly because I wont know what to do, except the treadmill, when I walk in the door. If I ever have the $$ to join, I want to make sure I have enough for a trainer for a few weeks as well so I can try to enjoy it.

I agree...if you find something you like to do, you prolly wont HATE it! I admit, there are things I HATE about working out.

I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ZUMBA!!!! It isnt like you are working out but, you are having fun and dancing. GOOD LUCK in your journey to find what works for YOU!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I hate the thought of doing it, mostly enjoy it when I am doing it, am usually relieved when it is over!
    This is me too, and I hate being out of shape and weak more than I hate the thought of exercising! I also hate going to work every day, going to the gynecologist for a checkup, then going to get a mammogram every year...but they are all necessary evils!

Find something you like doing, but keep trying to do the things you don't love too....once you develop a habit, you may learn to enjoy it!

Oh..and whatever you do...use music! It does help the time go by, and usually makes you move faster!
  • GaglianiGirl
    Options
    OMG ME,!!!! I hate that it's so hot in my gym, seriously not sure there is a/c in there at all. I hate that I need a shower as soon as I get home, but it's not always possible bc I have two toddlers and a husband who want dinner. I hate that even if I can just ump in the shower, I feel too tired to stand there and do it. I hate that my face breaks out from all the sweat... But I do love getting some quiet time to myself and some book reading in. Oh, and I love seeing the scale reflect my work. I struggle with it. The food part is easy for me. exercise... not so much. I go through weeks where I'm super motivated to work out and then the next week, I don't go once. :( Still trying to get that part of the equation. Good luck and remember, just keep trying!
  • stumpycow
    stumpycow Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I also hate exercising! I tried running at a nearby track but found it too easy to quit, now I go running outside so I'm forced to run back and I try time it to coincide with my husband to leave for work so I HAVE to go faster than I want to get back to the kids.

And I have also been caught threatening the life of the workout video instructors :happy:

But when I'm done, I feel awesome and empowered!