Does anyone else HATE exercising?

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I used to hate exercising. Now I love it. Couldn't live without it.

You just have to find something you really like to do.

Try a bunch of different DVDs, classes, routines, etc.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it, but now I love it. I CRAVE it! I agree that it helps to find something you enjoy and switch it up so that you don't get bored.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are some exercises that I HATE. I don't do them. I do exercises I enjoy most often. There really isn't any strength training that I enjoy, but I know I need it so I do those that I dislike the least.

There must be some type of movement that you enjoy. It doesn't have to be in a gym or in a class for on a DVD. It doesn't have to be organized or instructed. Ride a bike, go for a walk or hike, crank up the music and dance, take the stairs instead of the elevator, play a sport. Any type of movement that raises your heart rate is exercise. Just get up and move.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Get some resistance bands and put together a circuit training routine at home. It worked for me in the beginning.
  • jazzmaniac
    jazzmaniac Posts: 11
    Options
    Are you kidding? I feel completely depressed when I don't get enough exercise. I love the tough Insanity kind of workouts and I love the easy, walk a mile or two workouts. It's all good!
  • bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    I have just recently started going to the gym (I think it's been 2 weeks?) and it's sometimes rough. I have no problem GETTING there, or getting on the machine, but while I'm there, I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave. I attempt to just focus on what's on the televisions, or the music that my iPhone's playing, or whatever. I try not to look at the clock, only focus on my heart rate and the calories I'm burning.

Once the workout's over, I'm always glad I've gone.

Like the other person said, I hate being fat more than I hate working out.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ME! I hate exercising. I like to swim, but don't have access to a pool. I am trying to get my way through the 30 day shred, because I thought I could tolerate it for just 30 days, but I hate it. I'm on day 7 so far and I want to punch Jillian Michaels. I find her more annoying than motivating. I just don't get why people love her.

I did discover TIffany Roth who has 10 minutes work out videos on youtube. In just 10 minutes you get a decent work out that you really feel the next day. Each 10 min video focuses on a different area (abs, back fat, etc).

I think I'll try Zumba next.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I found that I like running, so I do it. A lot of people don't like it.
    I say find something you like.
    Do you need a ride to someplace? I'm sure you might have a service that can do it, like a car share.

Maybe you just need so spice it up, try wearing fun glasses and reading the works of HP Lovecraft.

mainimage.jpg
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make you feel good? Energized? Relaxed and happy afterwards? If it doesn't, then maybe you're doing the wrong thing or (in all honesty) not pushing yourself hard enough.

Sorry, I'm shaking my head over here, exercise makes me feel like a million bucks and I can't understand why anyone would hate it. I will admit that its sometimes hard to get started, but you never regret exercising.

Hope you can find something you like.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hate bananas but I eat them cuz I know they're good for me - just a thought ;)
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It's not that I really "hate" exercising. I just get so bored. I'd love to join a gym but we can't afford that just yet. Also, I have no car until further notice!

I used to loathe doing my workouts, now if I try to take a day off I get anxiety, and I find myself doing stuff anyway, like cleaning my already clean house. What? You don't clean your baseboards once a week?

Once you get into a groove and start seeing mega results, you will feel the same way.

I started by doing DVDs (cough Jillian Michaels cough) and going for walks or jogs. Use what you have until joining a gym is easier for you. I also agree with the resistance bands. Also you can get workouts off of youtube, etc etc.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    So find an exercise that's not boring. Go for a hike and explore, take a bike ride, dance, SOMETHING... ANYTHING. Just move. It won't be "exercise" once you start to enjoy it.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    A lot of exercises can be boring but not all. It's about finding something you enjoy =) Dance DVD, workout DVD, aerobics, swimming, circuits, actual dance classes (salsa, street, zumba) cycling (on a nice day it's very enjoyable) It's not all weights and running =)

Also from experience I can say there is a learn to love it attitude. A while ago, all I enjoyed was swimming. Now I love dancing, jogging, circuits, tae bo, resistance training etc. I just had to adjust my attitude when I entered the door and most of these can be purchased to use at home for a decent price.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I hate being fat more.
    So I find a way to move my butt: gym, DVD, getting outside.

This. And I change up my routine as needed to prevent boredom.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not any more! Love my workouts! Elliptical, weights, walking outside when the weather isn't 105 degrees!
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I hate going to the gym but I love leaving

I love this! thats exactly how i feel, like getting there is most of the battle!
  • LarStar
    LarStar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like doing something that keeps my mind active or is social, versus going to the gym and hitting the treadmill for an hour. I prefer to do outdoor activities- swimming, walking, cycling, etc. You could try looking on Meetup.com to see if there are any weight loss/exercise groups in your area. It is less expensive than a gym and will give you the chance to meet up with other people with similar goals :) Also, many community centers and highschools have pay what you can days or free hours.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I hate paying bills, but it must be done! Just like if I'm overweight, something has to be done! I started an exercise low cal diet on Jan. 2. I HATE exercising, but now it's a part of my daily routine and I feel lost when I DON'T do it. You have to MAKE yourself! I started out doing the 30 day shred - 20 min. - workout a day. Then I incorporated my elliptical with it (and I read while I'm on the elliptical which makes the time fly by), but if you don't have a machine, go for a walk with someone, clean like a mad woman for a straight hour, go to ZUMBA (because you will be hooked!) or any other form of exercise. You have to change it up to stay interested! Now I go to ZUMBA 4 days a week, use my elliptical for some of the other days, or just go to a friend's pool to swim. You can do this. If I can, you can.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I used to hate exercising. Now I love it. Couldn't live without it.

You just have to find something you really like to do.

Try a bunch of different DVDs, classes, routines, etc.

very true,,, it is like a drug the more you do the more you want!! lol :love: