Anybody young, OLD or in between on here???????

Options

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Geez, what do those 18 year olds know anyway?!?!? I'm 41, and as far as I'm concerned, if you got the wisdom and perspective that comes with age, the "I don't really care what everybody else thinks" attitude that comes with living a little life, and the "get out there and have some FUUUUN" energy of a 20 year old, you got it ALL.

(Now if I could just get it all in the right places, I'd be GOLDEN. :wink: )
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I'm 56, a proud grandpa and still think, feel I'm in my 30's. On the down side, ladies in their 30's think I'm an old man when I try to talk to them. :ohwell:

Still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! :laugh:
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    lol, my kids think I'm as old as dirt...I guess I was like that when I was their age too :)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    lol - I'm 64 and sometimes I get comments like "You have an iPod? wow! Do you know how to use it?"

I sort of understand - I find most people my age too old to talk to- I get along better with 40 yr olds. I have to admit though - I can't text.

Its scary - maybe when I lose all the extra weight I will look like 40, my hair is not yet grey.
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and most days, I don't feel any different than I did 25 years ago. I have a 12 year old that I keep up with and some days, out run her. Only thing that slows me down is my arthritis and hoping my weight loss will help with that. Its all good!
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    A female who happens to be younger than me posted "Anybody young on here?", so here's my rant. I'm only 42, and I consider myself young and/or old and sometimes something inbetween. So what's the deal about 18 year olds thinking that everyone older than them is "old"?:flowerforyou:

I will assume she didn't specifically say YOU are old so you are the one who assumed you would not fall into the "young" category.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'm 32 and I think Phineas and Ferb is hilarious. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    It is all relative... you can't fault an 18 year old for thinking how we all probably did at that age... ;)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    45 is the new black...or something like that...:drinker:
  • fdavisdarthard
    fdavisdarthard Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think OLD is a state of mind. As a fitness trainer, I have clients in their 50s and 60s that can run circles around a 20 year old. Youth doesn't mean healthy. Old doesn't mean frail.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and catch myself getting the "omg what's wrong with you look" from 18 year olds when I rock out to songs from the 90's because they've never even heard of _____ band, so I guess I'm old too ;)
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Quote from Betty White: "People worry about getting old. The secret is that we really don't get old. We change on the outside, but who we are on the inside stays the same." Growing up on the inside is not the same thing as growing old on the outside.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just pay them no nevermind. I was like that at 18 too. I called everybody old. Your perspective on things is just distorted at that age I've decided. I am 25 now and see things a lot clearer. 40 really is the new 20! I personally can't wait to turn 30 because maybe by then I will be "smart".
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I am 37 years old. look young for my age. I am often mistaken for being 21 years old. I don't mind that at all
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and don't consider myself old or young. I guess I am middle-aged. I can still play like a kid, but I know how to be a responsible adult most of the time.

My daughter is 15, so yeah, an 18 yr old is a kid to me. I guess I can't be offended if they think I am old. :laugh:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    It is all relative... you can't fault an 18 year old for thinking how we all probably did at that age... ;)

This. We all talked like this when we were her age.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    All of the above depending on mood and circumstances!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am 43 but look much younger. I always get the "you aren't old enough to have a 22 yr old". My kids are always telling me that I don't act like an adult. I tell them you are only as old as you act. So just because my age is 43 does that mean I have to act 43? I don't think so.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A female who happens to be younger than me posted "Anybody young on here?", so here's my rant. I'm only 42, and I consider myself young and/or old and sometimes something inbetween. So what's the deal about 18 year olds thinking that everyone older than them is "old"?:flowerforyou:

You're my big sister's age :) Pretty young! It's all relative. Maybe she should have called her post is there anyone here "very young" or "under __" or better yet "just starting college/university". :)
  • ryandm1776
    Options
    I'm 37, and when I turned 30, it was quite a hit--took me about 3 years to recover, ha ha ha. However, I am more mentally, and physically active than many who are 23, or even my youngest brother who is 19! And that is without drinking Rockstar! I work with a girl who is 28, and she has to dring 2 Rockstar's/day to be able to seem young and perky!

On top of that, I have a great sense of humor--which comes from a good outlook on life--so there!