my face is gross!!

Options
i naturally have a very clear complexion, but ever since i started working out i have been getting break out's on my face. i always shower right when i'm done at the gym, but i was just wondering if anyone has found a face wash they love to help with the problem?:heart:

Replies

• kdward83
    kdward83 Posts: 32
    Options
    Have you tried washing your face before you work out also?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I had the same problem with that when I started working out, and started using Proactiv. It helps a lot. I'm sure you can probably find another cheaper option though, but that's what I started using. I tried a couple drugstore face washes and they didn't help.
  • Careolyn
    Careolyn Posts: 61
    Options
    I had the same problem, but over time it cleared up. I use a wipe (simple cleansing wipes) before I workout and wash my face after. I use Clinique (the basic face wash).. Hang in there, it will get better!
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    This. If you wash before, when you work out and the pores start doing their thing dirt doesn't go from your face to your pores.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I actually don't use any face washes. I wash my face in the shower only, sometimes only rinsing. Maybe you are reacting to the extra use of washes just as much as the exercise.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    BuMp, i literally said that to myself no longer than 5 mins ago! i thought it might have been just me! lol
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i naturally have a very clear complexion, but ever since i started working out i have been getting break out's on my face. i always shower right when i'm done at the gym, but i was just wondering if anyone has found a face wash they love to help with the problem?:heart:

Two things that might help:
    1. I wear an arm band to wipe off sweat so I am not rubbing more dirt and oil in my face
    2. Murad's acne skin care line. You can try a month's supply for est $22 bucks and you can order it at Sephora.com

I feel you, I went through the same thing but those two small thing worked for me.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've been using a homemade goats milk soap with witch-hazel in it. My face has cleared up really well and stays sot & moisturized.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Dr. Bronner's liquid peppermint soap. They sell it at GNC, Trader Joe's, and some Targets. You can also get it online.
    http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/PEP.htm
  • HappyHealthyCrafty
    Options
    i agree with washing your face beforehand. I used to use the olay cleansing cloths before a workout and then immediately shower afterwards. if you are traveling to a gym and not showering there you might want to use the cleansing cloths before you drive home.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    I got that when I first started out but your body gets used to it and it'll stop. Occasionally I'll break out around my sports bra area but not often

PS Your guns are HOT!
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options

This--especially if you wear makeup or put other stuff on your face for the day. When you exercise, your pores open up and anything on your skin can slide right in and clog them up.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    great skin - Liz earle all the way
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Neutrogena grapefruit wash is really good (at least for my roommate, suitemates, and me), and it smells awesome, haha. I'd definitely recommend it :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    absolute most effective option that is cheap cheap cheap is a cotton ball with hydrogen peroxide. pull back your hair and don't get it on your eyebrows. (unless you don't mind blonde eyebrows)
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Philosophy sells a great complexion kit. You can get the entire kit in travel size for about 35.00 and it will last you the entire month. It keeps my face clear. It is the only thing that works. I can't use proactiv because the ingredients in it makes my face red. So, if you have sensitive skin as well, the philosophy line is a great option. I know Sephora sells it.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    pHisoderm! It works like proactive, but SO much less harsh. And WAY cheaper. It's hard to find though, I think Wal-mart and Rexall are one of the only people to carry it
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you wash your face more often than you used to, you could be causing some irritation as well as drying out your skin. My miracle cream that I swear by.... Nutrogena - Anti Wrinkle, Anti Blemish moisturiser - there is a cleanser as well. The ONLY product that worked for me and my adult acne. Best of luck!
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options

agreed!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just an idea here... but have you made any recent changes or bigger changes to your DIET? perhaps it's not the extra exercise alone that's causing breakouts. could be a food allergy or simply your body getting healthy and getting rid of bad substances through your skin... your skin is the largest organ in your body and filters a whole bunch of stuff. it could also be hormonal changes based on increasing your amount of general activity and the way you feed your body. Have you noticed anything else that is seemingly unrelated, but could be hormonally based?