Haven't lost weight

Options
Okay so I don't want to be a complainer but ever since have joined this site I haven't lost any weight. I log every little thing that goes in my mouth unless I have a binge... But for the most part, I log those too. I would say I have some form of exercise whether it be running, volleyball, swimming, 30ds, etc every day of the week. My calorie goal is 1,200. I try and do it all right and I still can't lose a pound. In fact, when I came on here I was 135 and went up to 140. Now I'm at 137.

When I started my weight loss journey, it was in the fall. I lost 15 pounds. Now I can't even lose 1 pound! What the hell is going on?

Also, if you must know, my family has sent me to the Renfrew center so I will be seeing a nutritionist soon. No worries, I was not diagnosed with an eating disorder!

Any suggestions on what I can do or what I am doing wrong?

Replies

• gomidas2007
    gomidas2007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I think one thing that a lot of people do is try to stick with the 3 meals a day idea. This doesn't work! You should be eating 5-6 smaller meals a day to keep your metabolism running. A lot also depends on what you are eating for those 1200 calories.

That would be a great place to start if you aren't doing that already.

There is a ton of information in this post as well if you would like to learn more:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673373-fat-loss-guide
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    You don't have much to lose so it's going to take meticulous tracking, binges and all.

If the exercise level or intensity is new, that can halt scale loss for a while (even months) while good things are happening in your body that the scale can't reflect.

Don't sweat the little 1-4 lb. fluctuations. That's usually water.

You got here in June so it can't have been all that long you've been not seeing scale results. Keep at it. It takes patience. If 1200 is hard, maybe try 1400-1500. It won't speed up losses but it might make you a lot less impatient and binge-y. And it should still be enough to lose slowly.

Good luck!
  • amandamorris07
    amandamorris07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OK I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND, I JOINED WANTING TO LOSE ABOUT 10 POUNDS AND I GAINED, IT'S BEEN 6 MONTHS AND I STILL AM NOT DOWN TO THE WEIGHT I WAS WHEN I STARTED AND I TOO LOG EVERY LITTLE FREAKIN GTHING I EAT OR DRINK... I THINK I COULD SPEND THE TIME THAT I PUT TOWARDS THIS SITE EXERCISING INSTEAD AND BE BETTER OFF, I MEAN IT DID HELP ME REALIZE WHAT KIND OF FOOD I EAT TOO MUCH OF, BUT THATS ABOUT IT! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY, BUT I AM DONE WITH THIS FOR AWHILE ANYWAY.
  • jimeneno
    jimeneno Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been viewing your diary and you seem to be below your calorie count AND exercising like crazy. There's no reason that you haven't lost any weight other than perhaps you're not logging your food correctly. I also think that perhaps you're eating too few calories. I've read before that if you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode and try to hang on to those extra pounds for survival. So, you should really be hovering around 1200 calories. For many years, I logged all of my food but I never really kept track of the calories nor did I weigh/measure every single thing I ate. I hope that helps.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I think one thing that a lot of people do is try to stick with the 3 meals a day idea. This doesn't work! You should be eating 5-6 smaller meals a day to keep your metabolism running.
    Wow, 3 meals a day doesn't work?!? I feel like a total freak of nature, then. I've been eating 3 meals a day, my metabolism runs just fine, and I've lost 30 lbs. in five months.

Meal timing is a myth. Your metabolism doesn't start and stop every time you eat. It's a good thing to do your research before posting broscience that will just further confuse people and not do them any good.