would anybody be willing to look at my diary ?

Options
Well I have been on mfp fo close to a month now, I have lost but not this week I went to the doc yesterday and weighed and I am exactly the same. I am eating what I think is healthy but over the weekend I did go out to eat and to a concert with friends. I just thought if someone looks at my diary and sees something I am doing wrong I could correct it now, instead of being frustrated later. Thanks in advance

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm a eat more advocate LOL! But seriously...it looks like you are way under your goal almost everyday. :) I also think you shouldn't be to hard on yourself, it took awhile to put weight on usually and it will take even longer to get it off (or it has in my case :)). Your food choices look good so I don't think its what you eat! :) Good luck on your journey! :)
  • pdanko1972
    pdanko1972 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yeah I am kinda thinking i am not eating enough. i am not hungry. I think though I I am going to try upping my net calories everyday for the next 3 weeks and see what the results are
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Your scale and your doctor's scale will probably never sync. No two scales are alike. :) Also, it was likely a different time of day, wearing different clothing. Your body naturally fluctuates about 5 pounds a day....mine, even more.

The only "problem" I really see with your diary is the sodium. It's over almost every day. Not only will that cause water retention, it can cause health issues down the road. I would try to add in more whole foods, and get rid of some of the processed foods.

As a friend once told me, it doesn't matter how long it takes to get there....it only matters how long you stay there!

Best wishes!
  • gomidas2007
    gomidas2007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would recommend eating more at breakfast. This will give your metabolism a kick start and help you continue to burn fat throughout the day. Check out this article for more information!

http://www.highimpacttraining.org/HighImpactTraining.org/Eating_often.html
  • lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and less carbs! You can look at my diary. Good luck.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I think it looks pretty good to be honest. Just be patient.
    I'd second the more protein / less carbs comment if I had to nitpick.

Also, not sure the type of exercise you're doing.

Comparing two weigh-ins is also really tough -especially if it's two different scales (then it means nothing).

You may have been retaining more water on the second day - especially if you had a 'cheat' day on the weekend.

I'd recommend weighing more often so you have a better sense of your true weight (though don't get too discouraged by the ups and downs because they will happen and happen often).