my face is gross!!

Options

Replies

• JBG1987
    JBG1987 Posts: 71
    Options
    Neutrogena gentle scrub...doesn't try your skin out like plaster at all and is pretty cheap $5-6 a bottle.
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    Neutrogena grapefruit wash is really good (at least for my roommate, suitemates, and me), and it smells awesome, haha. I'd definitely recommend it :)
    I second this!
  • loristeck
    loristeck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sometimes times you have to look at your diet too... have you made any changes there? What about dairy; yogurt etc.. it can be murder on your skin. Good luck :wink:
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When you workout your body is detoxing & releasing it through your skin!! It should clear up soon!! Of course wash with a good cleanser for faster results.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I use meijer version of proactive. does not help my back tho. I suffer from acne pretty fierce for being 33.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Make sure to remove all your make-up before you workout, and clean your face immediately after you workout.
    When working out, try to avoid wiping your face with your hands (even to remove the sweat). Carry a clean towel with you.

Try using an exfoliating scrub. I like Oil of Olay the best personally but you have to find what works for your skin.

And of course, the magical ingredient that almost solves everything? WATER! haha Drink and drink and drink it... It will help flush out all the toxins.
  • MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It is probably because you increased your metabolism and blood flow. I would be careful not to go too crazy with the different cleaning products. It can be just as bad to dry your skin out as to have it break out. I would recommend you give it a few weeks and see if it clears up on it's own. I have serious doubts your face is 'gross'. Some acne does not make a beautiful person ugly!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Do you use the gym's wash cloth and towels on your face at any time? Along with some other suggestions here...I wouldn't use their stuff on My face. Try white paper towels from Home, for wiping sweat, and drying your face.
  • flyinghawk2012
    flyinghawk2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water . . . eight glass is the target. Replace diet beverage with filtered water. Artifical sugars are really bad for your complexion. Also, sweating is natures way of riding the body of waste . . . your skin may breakout for a short period of time, but once its purified, you should have a beautiful glow!
  • pprigge
    pprigge Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Before I started working out my face had really annoying small breakouts on my cheekbones. When I changed my diet, working in a lot more fruits and veggies and cutting out restaurant food, which is killer in sodium sometimes even on the healthy low-cal options, my skin cleared up very nicely! I don't wash before I workout and sometimes not even immediately after so my clear-up is due primarily to diet. Lower sodium, make sure I get my all my recommended nutrients everyday and I'm good to go. Good luck to you!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Proactiv is amazing
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the skincare line that I started using about a month ago. The company is called Arbonne, and the particular product I'm using is the Purifying Cleanser and Toner. It is not cheap, but it works amazingly and a very small amount goes a long way, so one tube of facial cleanser can last you 3 or 4 months. The whole line is sold through representatives (like Avon and Mary Kay), but if you google Arbonne, you might either find a rep in your area or be able to order online. All of their products are free from animal products, paraben free, parafin free, petroleum free, phalate free, and most, if not all, are gluten free. I have had greasy skin my entire life, and this is the only product line that keeps my skin from being gross throughout the day.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I use Spectro Gel cleanser, love it, always have. Also, not too pricey
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i naturally have a very clear complexion, but ever since i started working out i have been getting break out's on my face. i always shower right when i'm done at the gym, but i was just wondering if anyone has found a face wash they love to help with the problem?:heart:

Could it be the towels at the gym are breaking your face out? Maybe they aren't as clean as they should be?
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I wipe my face with baby wipes before & after my work out; my skin is SO sensitive so if I use any type of cleanser, it makes my break outs worse.
  • valwes04
    valwes04 Posts: 58
    Options
    Bump! I have this issue also and it's driving me a bit crazy... I'll be back to read everyone's suggestions! Thanks
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem...never thought of washing BEFORE, but I will now!
  • cjcjcjcjcj
    cjcjcjcjcj Posts: 19
    Options
    Most people swear by Benzoyl Peroxide, in things like certain Oxy soaps and Proactiv. It gets the job done very well but has a tendency to dry the skin out.
    Some others might use Salicylic Acid based washes and soaps, like some Nutrogena products and a ton of others, but truly everyone is different.
    Or maybe the problem is your face is breaking out from a lack of moisture after you wash it? In which case a nice oil free facial moisturizer would be a good addition to the medicine cabinet.
    Truly everyone is different, taking a full on shower after your work out still sounds like your best bet.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I have switched to just using a regular antibacterial hand soap (kroger brand) because i was having the same issue, and it really seems to help. i wash my face with it immediately after working out and rinse with cold water. other face washes i have tried tend to dry out my skin
  • desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I see it as my body expelling all that nasty stuff that was inside my body. It's happening even more so since I've been taking black walnut and wormwood extract. But I know later on my skin will be clean and smooth.