An ALMOST frustrating NSV...

Options
2»

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome. Do you sew? I visited my mom last weekend and she's been on a healthy journey for about 6 months now (SO proud of her!) and before we went out one day I heard her sewing machine running in the basement. She came up and I asked what she was doing. She said she was taking in her pants because they wouldn't stay up! LOL She said she takes them in a few sizes before buying new ones so she can wear them longer. :happy:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Too funny!

I was bouncing off the wall when my "fat" clothes started hanging loose. And, I was positively over the moon when I needed to buy a new belt to hold up my loose pants!

Congrats on a great milestone!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have the EXACT SAME problem, down to the same store AND size! I'm actually wearing my black 16 old navy workpants and they're baggy as hell and my thighs and looks like I'm rockin' gansta butt. SO frustratingggg.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is frustrating but it's a good thing to be upset about!
    I'm going to go to a second-hand clothing store before I buy new clothes again. I still have 13lbs to go and I'm not going to waste any money on stuff I'll just have to give away! I'll save the money for when I can buy a new wardrobe. :)
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! In all the ways we find out we've wasted money, that has to be the best way!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Can't think of a more wonderful NSV!! Congratulations!!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Been there Done that! Old Navy has been one store that I have gone to because of their sales. I don't want to invest too much money into the transitional clothes. I have found a few cute things there.

Try washing them a few times in warm/hot water to see if they will "shrink" a little. Another idea is to see if you can get them tailored.... a few darts in the waist won't cost much and will help them last a little longer until you are another size smaller.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    its YOUR body - so get used to it. Actually, dont.... it will be smaller still.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I love this nsv...expensive as it may be, it's worth it! I just had to give away a new pair of hiking pants...they were falling off me lol!!!

I actually wear a LOT of dresses...and skirts. I like soft and slightly stretchy cotton...so what used to fit me, still fits me...but MUCH better. Old Navy has lots of these types of skirts...in fact I have one on now.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This is the story of my life right now.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    If it was only a few weeks ago just take them back...exchange them for the smaller size!

Edited to add...or just alter them a bit or wear a belt...
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    A few weeks ago, I bought a pair of jeans at Old Navy. This is the first "normal" (i.e. non-plus-size-only) store I have ventured to buy pants in in ummmmm....perhaps over 20 years. Right now I am basically in a size 14 in plus-size store sizes, so I had tried on both a size 14 and a 16 at ON. The 14s felt just a BIT too snug, so I went with the more comfortable 16s, mostly because I still feel like these magical sizes have nothing to do with how big/small I actually am, so I always err on the side of bigger. Now, fast forward several weeks later, and I go to wear these pants for the first time (has been too hot around here to wear jeans mostly) and THEY ARE TOO DANG BIG to wear without a belt! The waist has like a 5-inch gap in the back somehow, and they are baggy in the thighs/butt. What in the world? Too late to take them back now. LMAO. Maybe I can try washing and drying them on high....

As a side note, my 11-year-old son TOLD me to buy the 14s...I should never doubt his judgement again. Hahaha!

And, also, I went to see Dream Theater on Monday night for my birthday, and I bought a size LARGE concert t-shirt, and it fits WITHOUT stretching! Whose body is this? lol

Haha! I just bought a pair of 11/12 jeans from Maurice's a few weeks ago and now they're too big. Thank goodness I got them off the clearance rack. I generally buy clothing one size smaller on purpose as to give me a goal. But I am at a point where I am not sure how much more I can lose and am buying for my current size. Yes, it is an amazing NSV but can be annoying at the same time. Way to go on your loss so far!
  • eesmetana
    eesmetana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hear you - I bought a couple of new suits about 2 months back and I need to get them significantly altered because they are too big now. I'm just hoping the tailor doesn't balk about how much they'll need to be taken in once I take them in.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    yeah its hard to buy clothes when you are losing. I bought a pair of shorts just 5 pounds ago and now I literally cannot even wear them theyre so loose. My bigger issue is that I am strangely between sizes and also it varies from store to store.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    That is great though! Maybe you have a friend or family member to pass them on to? When "between sizes" I always tend to err on the smaller size in hopes and as motivation that I want it to fit!!!
  • BrittSwimsJDRF
    BrittSwimsJDRF Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Just think, you'll probably need 12's the next time you go shopping.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's awesome.

A quick suggesion (I'm at work so don't have time to read all the comments, sorry if someone already suggested it) but why not try returning them? I've had jeans before that I've washed and they either got way too small or they got larger in the wash and I've had no problem returning them to Old Navy.
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I'm with you on that one. It sure is nice to lose the weight, but such a pain in the you-know-what to have to buy all new clothes when the clothes you JUST bought don't fit already. Well, congrats anyways ;)
  • lstebbi
    lstebbi Posts: 1
    Options
    Good to hear that. I hate when you can't find the perfect fit either or one something is too big. One thing that I have done before if I didn't care for the way a pair of dress pants or jeans fit was to take them to the cleaners and have them altered for you. I know it will cost between $ 15 - $ 20. But I feel it is worth it if you want to have them for a long period of time without wasting your money.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we need MFP "New to you" store!! LOL I know I won't keep my clothes I wear now!

And.....Congrats :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!