Diet Pops good??? NOT

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It's well documented that diet soda will, indeed, KILL YOU!!!

tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif

Round of applause!

applause.gif
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

I just drink diet water instead.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Your source is Fox News. Just sayin'.

If CNN does a simular study, then I will listen.

(Actually, they probably have but I LOVE my diet soda, so there.)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My recommendation: For a week, start each day with a big bottle full of pure water with a slice of cucumber or orange or lemon floating in it. Sip away, avoid the soda aisles and vending machines, and just see if you don’t start feeling better yourself.

Thank you very much OP, I think I will stop drinking Diet soda right away. I've only lost 64 lbs since January and I have been drinking diet soda the whole time. I feel terrible that I could have lost soo much more if I would have just cut that out!

What University did you get your degree from? I love when nutritionist come on the forums and give me their informed recommendations!

Thanks again!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I started to notice every time I drank diet drinks my feet would bother me. Once I stopped drinking them and stuck with unsweet tea and plain water - my feet feel fine. Turns out I was allergic to the sugar substitutes. So.... when I REALLY want a sugary drink, I have ONE. Or I get a sip or 2 of my husband's drink. My cousin had a similar reaction - she would get hives every time she drank a diet drink. She is no longer drinking them either and her hives went away. Scary stuff - IMO.

Anyone can have an allergic reaction to anything. The allergy does not make what caused it bad for everyone.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options

you can LOVE your diet soda if you like -no skin off my nose- people have known for years that Coke can eat a nail but yet we drank it anyway lol they have proven that ground hamburger can set in your colon for years but we still eat it lol its life...everyone for themselves
    and yes its actually been on various news and talk shows as well. You simply have to watch the news or the health shows to learn more about it and other health issues today.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    people have known for years that Coke can eat a nail but yet we drank it anyway lol

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

you can LOVE your diet soda if you like -no skin off my nose- people have known for years that Coke can eat a nail but yet we drank it anyway lol they have proven that ground hamburger can set in your colon for years but we still eat it lol its life...everyone for themselves
    and yes its actually been on various news and talk shows as well. You simply have to watch the news or the health shows to learn more about it and other health issues today.

...and it's been argued on these forums ad nauseum for the past several years. Nobody is going to change minds by posting here.
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't really see them as helping me to lose weight. They're just a nice tasting, zero calorie alternative. As long as you don't drink them in excess I'm sure it's fine. You can find something 'bad' with most foods anyway.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options

Holy Faerie Balls I love you!
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Watching health shows to learn about nutrition is like visiting a hospital cleaner to have your broken leg set. There's just no way you'll end up with a favourable outcome.

And who are 'they'? Who's proven that minced meat sits in your colon like an unwelcome long-term guest? Are 'they' the same people pushing 3 for $199 colonic deals?
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Skitty, I love you even more than before! :-P
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    What's pop?
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Counterpoint: Diet soda is amazing and delicious and I'm not reading that giant wall of text.
    My hero.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    i don't think diet soda is as evil as some people like to say. i love my diet soda.

i don't think i could give it up. i love it so much. !
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Counterpoint: Diet soda is amazing and delicious and I'm not reading that giant wall of text.

I love this!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    nope a doctor told me what it was. there are some people who can't digest it. it has to do with their body. I am one of those people.
    If it sits in your brain I think you're drinking it wrong.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Thank you, OP. Thanks to your anonymous-self and that ginormous wall of completely unfabricated, fear-mongering twaddle, I'm going to: make my toddler cut back on her 6-pack a day habit; eliminate my "diet pop fridge" lest it leads to me writing Sylvia Plath-like poetry and experimenting with sharp objects; and start purchasing fizzy water and fruit juice in bulk. :flowerforyou:
  • iisajosefin
    iisajosefin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i've just recently stopped drinking diet Coke because I was drinking too much of it (like 1,5 l per day) so it was costing me pretty much and also because it gave me sleeping problems and made me crave junk food. But I can't say that it has the same affect on everybody. If I were to drink soda it would be diet tbh.
  • AlexNickos
    AlexNickos Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just drink water Aspartame is TERRIBLE