NOT HUNGRY

Does anyone else out there experience this? You work out, but then you aren't really hungry. I normally drink a shake when that happens, but I'm curious to know what others do.

Replies

• a2902c
    a2902c Posts: 96
    i'm the complete opposite. after a work out, i want to eat everything in sight. usually a mini babybel does the trick (only 70 cals) though.
  • jiabman
    jiabman Posts: 19
    I am the same way - not hungry after working out. I try and eat some protein anyway. It is kind of weird because I also am not thirsty half the time too...don't know why
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Thanks ladies! I thought I was the only "weird" one. I kind of like it, but I watch it too, so I don't starve and then overeat later.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    It doesn't ALWAYS happen but many times I am not at all hungry after a workout. Whether or not I eat something after my workout used to depend on how my caloric intake was for the day, but now I'm thinking I may just make a protein shake regardless.

Ugh, this morning I tried my protein powder with just water instead of milk...oh I could hardly stand it. Clearly I'm going to have to buy more milk or make some fruit smoothies with it instead.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    What happens to me is that I am not hungry because I am sick of the choices of food that I have to eat. Sometimes I would rather not eat than have to eat something healthy. I know it's bad. When that happens it's time to look for recipes.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    It doesn't ALWAYS happen but many times I am not at all hungry after a workout. Whether or not I eat something after my workout used to depend on how my caloric intake was for the day, but now I'm thinking I may just make a protein shake regardless.

Ugh, this morning I tried my protein powder with just water instead of milk...oh I could hardly stand it. Clearly I'm going to have to buy more milk or make some fruit smoothies with it instead.

Nectar Protein by Syntrax comes in fruity flavors like Crystal Light does and you mix it with water..they are YUMMY, 100 calories and 23 G of protein. Try it if you are sick of dairy protein shakes :)
  • samanthatricia
    samanthatricia Posts: 24 Member
    Yeah protein powder with plain water is nasty... I use light organic soy milk and a cup or so of frozen fruit with my Shaklee Cinch strawberry protein powder, plus the Shaklee Physique banana protein powder. It's been a month and I've lost 6 inches!
  • Whooleeah
    Whooleeah Posts: 23 Member
    I'm feel the same way! I have to remind myself I'm refueling my body even though it's not always with food I'd like to eat. You can only do so much with salads

What happens to me is that I am not hungry because I am sick of the choices of food that I have to eat. Sometimes I would rather not eat than have to eat something healthy. I know it's bad. When that happens it's time to look for recipes.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I tend to regard food as fuel. Before a session I'll eat even if I'm not hungry. And then after to refuel the body.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    I have a "sensitive" digestive system and can't eat before or after working out! Especially before a run I can't eat for about 3 hours, after I workout I need about an hour before I can eat anything/feel hungry. I think sometimes your body just needs time to cool down - I know they say you should have protein within 30 minutes of lifting, but I highly doubt waiting 60 minutes harms my workout!
  • I am usually too hot and tired to really eat a snack or something heavy. Usually I will take a handful of berries, half a banana, ice, almond milk, with a little bit of protein powder and blend it up into a shake. Sometimes I can't drink it all, but it keeps me from being thirsty and it gives me all the nutrients I need for more energy!
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Me! Usually I eat some Greek yogurt after a workout, though. I love that stuff. I do wait 15-20 minutes after my workout to eat it so I can be sure it's not going to make me sick to my stomach.