a year is so fast sometimes!

Options
a couple of weeks ago i reached a year on mfp. i got a free moment today so i thought i would post a before and during photo. i was hoping i could reach by first goal of one-derland by the one year mark. i did not and i sometimes find that disappointing. but on my one year mfp anniversary my husband and i were in vegas and he took a picture of me dressed up for a night out. looking at that picture next to pictures from a year ago i am pretty dang please one-derland or not!

50 pounds down and one year in (yes i have two arms but the shirt is a bit big so i was holding the back for the picture without realizing i would loose an arm)
7604121934_2c11b4e430_o.jpg

1 year ago (well more than a year but the same weight) i did some modeling for a friend's book
5681170656_af2857303c.jpg

Replies

• ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! It goes by so fast and there is no denying that you have done some excellent work! Keep it up!
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic :)
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations! Funny, I didn't notice the arm thing until you mentioned and then I scrolled up and looked and I can't believe I didn't notice the first time, lol. I guess I was so focused on the weight-loss that I didn't notice a missing limb :laugh:
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Congrats!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Lol at your one arm comment! you look fabulous!!! 1 year and a 50 LB loss really looks good on you! Keep up the great work you are doing and I'm sure you will see ONEderland in no time! :)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    thanks ladies!!
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I also looooove your hair color!
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You should be very, very proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing :)
  • phil412
    phil412 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Kudos to you!!!
  • sheiwat
    sheiwat Posts: 47
    Options
    U look awesome!!!!!!!!!!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You look A BILLION times better my goodness!

Congratulations! Keep up the good work and remember to post more "During" pics and eventually an "After" too! :-D
  • 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are doing super!
  • iysys
    Options
    You look A BILLION times better my goodness!

Congratulations! Keep up the good work and remember to post more "During" pics and eventually an "After" too! :-D

i am not even the vaguest bit camera shy so there are lots of during pics :-)
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job and look so pretty (but then you looked pretty before - just healthier AND pretty now).
  • Sarahsmiles0875
    Sarahsmiles0875 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Well done
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Great job! And I love your before pic too - super cute hair!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look so good! I'm hoping to make my way to one-derland as well (you must be pretty tall because you look there), and I would be freakin' thrilled if I'd lost 50 lbs. in a year. Congrats!
  • iysys
    Options
    You look so good! I'm hoping to make my way to one-derland as well (you must be pretty tall because you look there), and I would be freakin' thrilled if I'd lost 50 lbs. in a year. Congrats!

as i was reminded this weekend when i went swimsuit shopping and everything was too short yes i am on the tall side at 5'8"
  • sparknotes
    Options
    Fantastic! Its the staying with it that makes all the difference! Its an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!