Scurvy epidemic on MFP?

Options
litatura
litatura Posts: 569 Member
How come MFP people aren't eating even remotely close to the recommended 7-10 daily servings of fruits and veggies? Discuss. :glasses:

Replies

• CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I am, that's all I care about.
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Because it is not for everyone!!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Look at the amount of grains included in the food pyramid. Just one of the reasons I don't follow it.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    I get laughed at for my apple, banana, orange and oatmeal I eat every day at work. I eat alot of fruit. I've been eating the same thing just about every day for 1.5 years.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I love the "everyone's different" saying.

It's like saying "I have 3 hearts and two stomachs, and my muscles run off of poop"
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    cause i like the taste of other food better :)
  • jenypri
    jenypri Posts: 46
    Options
    Everyone's food regimine is different and what works for them is different. I highly doubt everyone eats like the food pyramid everyday...and if you are...good for you.
  • JupiterJune
    Options
    Because data on how many portions is mostly bro science vastly spread by diet magazines and TV, and the actual scientific research regarding that is inconclusive.

My nutritionist once said 5 daily portions, also. I usually have fruits and veggies 3 times a day. Now define "portion".
  • stephmo86
    stephmo86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I like the title of this thread. Gave me a chuckle!

And I don't know why people aren't eating their fruits and vegetables. *shrug*
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    How come MFP people aren't eating even remotely close to the recommended 7-10 daily servings of fruits and veggies? Discuss. :glasses:

b/c it's recommended
  • singingsoprano
    singingsoprano Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't post the plain veggies I eat. I consider them a free food, and I don't want to even count their calories in my count. I count fruit, any starchy vegetable and anything with a sauce. Rabbit food doesn't count in my world.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I get my ascorbic acid from sources other than fruits and veggies.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Look at the amount of grains included in the food pyramid. Just one of the reasons I don't follow it.

Took the words right out of my mouth...
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I don't see a scurvy epidemic on MFP. I get from 200% to 800% of my recommended daily amount. (Part of that is from a multivitamin, meaning I'm getting 100% to 700% from foods.)

I do however see a gross generalization epidemic on MFP!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Because some would rather eat 400 calories of plain yogurt,1/2C grape nuts. and1/2c. chia seeds. For those of us who eat fruits and vegetables, think about all the fruit and vegetables you can eat for 400 calories. Oh yeah and it tastes good ,too.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options

This

I agree fruits and veggies are the best thing fo us along with protein but 10 servings...I wouldn't be able to eat anythign else. I try to hit 5-6 and have more veggie than fruit.
  • martalaurazayas
    martalaurazayas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    3 servings of protein, 1 serving of dairy, 2 servings of oil/fat, rarely any grains, 3 servings of vegetables, 2 servings of fruits, various vitamin supplements........why? just because it works for me. lol
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty broad statement. I personally don't have the energy to look at enough food diaries to verify or disprove it.