1300 calories of donuts

Options
2»

Replies

• recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I think in this case due to all the sugar if this would royally screw up someones insulin levels. That in itself I would think would cause some major weight gain due to water retention, etc. It would also royally screw up a persons metabolism.

I personally know a person who ate around 1000 calories daily or less for over several months.(candy, chips, basically crap). They also exercised daily (running 4+ miles). In that entire time, they did not lose a single pound. And I know without a doubt that they stuck to around that level of eating.

My personal experience with myself and others around me lean me towards not believing a calorie is just a calorie. I am not a doctor, so my evidence is anecdotal at best.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yum, now I really want something yummy from Krispy Kreme. The raspberry coconut doughnut looks lovely.
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    IF they are raspberry filled then you are getting your fruit right?? Weight loss yes. Healthy. NO
  • ForMyFreedom
    Options
    Yum, now I really want something yummy from Krispy Kreme. The raspberry coconut doughnut looks lovely.

mmmm. stop you're making me hungry!
  • ForMyFreedom
    Options
    IF they are raspberry filled then you are getting your fruit right?? Weight loss yes. Healthy. NO
    lol. I never said it would be healthy... it was a hypothetical question. :)
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am starving after eating donuts. I know because on vacation I ate 3 yummy doughnuts at 400 cals a pop during one of my breakfasts(angel creme filled dougnuts!). STARVING in less than an hour.

Sure you can lose weight on a deficit of anything...but you'll be STARVING.

I try to keep my own cals below 1300 but I try to eat good food, limit my fast food and keep my carbs BELOW 100. No problems with feeling hungry. And my muscles are proof. I can get by below that number ...but not on doughnuts.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

mmmm. stop you're making me hungry!

http://www.krispykreme.com.au/wp-content/files_mf/cache/th_5211a1661068e4a701d59d98d4711beb_casson0965_hero.jpg

Gaze upon its magnificence!

Also, lol@ fruit from Krispy Kreme. God help me, if they ever go all natural and fresh organic raspberry puree on me I'll defect to the cinnamon doughnut place with the really nice banana thickshakes.
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I saw an article online awhile back about a man tht ate nothing but potatoes for a whole year and he had them baked, fried, however you can think to eat a potato, loaded with stuff, you name it, and he lost like 60lbs...he did it just to prove it's not what you eat but calories in/claories out. So, yeah, as long as you keep in your daily alotment you can eat WHATEVER you want to! and YES A PREFER KRISPY KREME!!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Damn you, I looked! I love KK's raspberry filled donuts. Now I want THAT donut.
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would eat 5 chocolate glazed for my 1300 (260 a piece) and be starving in an hour. I can't believe there are that many calories in one. I thought I would atleast get 8-10 ... boooo!!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Maybe you'd be getting your raspberry ketones from that filling too....and we all know Dr. Oz says raspberry ketones make the fat melt right off your body! :tongue:
  • ForMyFreedom
    Options
    Maybe you'd be getting your raspberry ketones from that filling too....and we all know Dr. Oz says raspberry ketones make the fat melt right off your body! :tongue:
    Well that settles it. NEW FAD DIET EVERYONE!!!!!!! WE ARE ALL GONNA BE RICH! (and thin)
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Of course you could do this. That's how you can still maintain your weight and eat a piece a cake. Eating a piece of cake doesn't necessarily make you gain weight.

However, the real issue here is that 1300 calories worth of donuts is not going to be many donuts. 4 maybe depending where they're from, cream filled, etc. Can you live off 4 donuts a day? I'm gonna say know. You'd be super hungry, so you'd either need to eat somthing else, or eat more donuts.

So, I am assuming you like donuts since you picked that food, so, you can diet and eat a donut every once in awhile if you want. Even everyday if you want. As long as it fits in your calorie goal, it would be ok. If you go to a chain, like Dunkin Donuts, they have the nutrition info on their website. I honestly even think eating donuts (or whatever food you like) every once in awhile is a good thing and will keep you on track. If you depreive yourself of it, you might fall off the wagon and have 10 donuts! :happy:
  • swkittrell
    swkittrell Posts: 48
    Options
    Interesting
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My personal experience: I ate 1200, then 1500 calories of processed junk and booze for 7 months. Lost 2 pounds at first and then NOTHING. Not a single ounce after that. The very month I switched to healthy food and cut down on booze I lost 5 pounds. Still on 1500 calories. Healthy makes a difference.
  • joanie1313
    joanie1313 Posts: 17
    Options
    Did you have to bring up the donuts? I just gave up 2 chocolate covered donuts everyday on my way to work. LOL Now I make my coffee at home or at work and bring something healthy to eat for breakfast. IT IS KILLING ME I am dying for my donuts but I can't eat just one I have to have two so decided best to just give it up all together. I don't agree eating just donuts and you would loose weight don't see how that is possible but to each is own. I hope giving them up will show next week at my weigh in but time will tell.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Did you have to bring up the donuts? I just gave up 2 chocolate covered donuts everyday on my way to work. LOL Now I make my coffee at home or at work and bring something healthy to eat for breakfast. IT IS KILLING ME I am dying for my donuts but I can't eat just one I have to have two so decided best to just give it up all together. I don't agree eating just donuts and you would loose weight don't see how that is possible but to each is own. I hope giving them up will show next week at my weigh in but time will tell.
    Think about it logically, though. Would you agree that eating nothing but a single donut a day you would lose weight? How about half a donut? In fact you'd probably starve to death. It doesn't make sense to say you could eat less than you burn and not lose weight.

By the way, if you have trouble when donuts and things like that are mentioned I'd probably stay away from the forums.
  • ForMyFreedom
    Options
    Yeah it's like you eat one, then you have to make sure the first one was as good as you thought, so you eat another. :)
  • ForMyFreedom
    Options
    My personal experience: I ate 1200, then 1500 calories of processed junk and booze for 7 months. Lost 2 pounds at first and then NOTHING. Not a single ounce after that. The very month I switched to healthy food and cut down on booze I lost 5 pounds. Still on 1500 calories. Healthy makes a difference.
    wow, that is really interesting, thank you for your reply. Makes you think for sure!
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How did you know how many calories of booze you were having? Most alcohol is very high in calories, and most of it isn't labelled. And if you were drinking it at a bar, mixed drinks would be even harder to tell. I think you would have been ok eating processed crap. I think it is the booze that did you in. I try to avoid it all together when dieting.