Does anyone else HATE exercising?

Options
12346»

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love exercising to the point that I get pissed if I cant make it to the gym... lol :laugh:
  • paulaanne82
    Options
    Hi I hate exercising going to the gym and all that no thanks but I love swimming and 1 hour of swimming burns something like 700 calories and I have also got a dog who I walk and have found someone to go hiking with me we go for a 6 mile hike every week and we encourage each other it's just finding something you do like whatever it is :0)
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use to hate it, but now I have learned to love it. Like someone mentioned. I love leaving the house more. Going to the gym is my "me time". At first it was hard. But I saw everyone else wearing earphones, then I downloaded some music on my iphone and got into my groove, and now I realize and I can't do it without music to move to. It was hard to budget it at first, but once I gave up starbucks and fastfood, it was easy to budget the $40. But if you don't have a car, you can walk, do jumping jacks, pushups, sit ups, and lots of other things. Check online and google a bunch of free exercise routines.
  • Ivetana
    Ivetana Posts: 2
    Options
    I’m in for real exercising is not my thing but like is unfair that’s why I must do it, I’m new in all this fitness world I’ve been going to the gym for a month now, doing my best eating in a healthier way but is SOOOO HARD.

In the process to have a better life, even I can’t believe it I must recognize that I’m feeling GREAT doing it :D

BTW I’m new here!!!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    just make urself do it and use it as a time to clear ur head. i have an issue with thinking too much when i'm going to bed, so i try to think about all those things while i work out. i also have a little cheap elliptical machine in my bedroom and watch my fav. shows while i use it. and i don't allow myself to watch them unless i am using the elliptical, so if i really wanna see the show, i have to do my work out and if i only do 30 min. i stop the show at that point and continue it the next day
  • hazyjel74
    hazyjel74 Posts: 45
    Options
    Yes. Doing it in public made it much worse too. I do my workouts on a yoga mat.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    YES! I started dligently on 26th Sept 2011 so it been months and months now and I still hate it. But I know I have to do this otherwise I will likely not be able to walk when I am 70 (should I live so long!). With OA you have to keep moving, so I have a FitBit and I have my daily goals and usualy make them now, 6 days a week, one day off. But I still hate it. Those who say you will eventually love it... well....... I guess my nature is a couch potato and I will never love it but know I need to do it!!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I use to hate it. I find mixing it up helped me. Whenever I tried to do just one workout program I found myself getting bored. So now I own different programs like Turbo Fire, P90X etc... I switch it up all the time. Your body does not care that you are on a program it just cares that you are working out. For example I hate P90X yoga. Too long and too boring. So I don't do it. Just do the ones that I enjoy. If you call enjoyment. LOL! I guess I should say the ones I hate the least. So find the workout that you will stick with and hate the least.
  • jenniferpowell2012
    Options
    Somebody probably has already said this, but im not going to read all five pages. You dont need money or transport to exercise. Walking is free. Running is free. Swimming in the sea is free. Cycling is free if you have a bike. Running up and down your stairs, downloading a class off the internet, bass jumping between low to the ground objects like large rocks are all free!
  • cz611
    cz611 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I HATE EXERCISING WITH A PASSION, but I do it anyways (sighs). Try going to the library for workout dvds, you'll have the chance to switch them out before you get bored and the best part is that they're free! I didn't know libraries had workout dvds until my daughter told me (she volunteers there). Good luck!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm not fond of going to the gym however I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!!
  • ladyofstyle
    ladyofstyle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    me and thats why i took a week off from exercising
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    try finding a no commitment gym or studio (my husband does a $10 a month gym at Planet Fitness - no commitment so if you dont go that month you dont pay that month) and I just found a Studio that offers walk-in zumba, yoga, and body pump classes for $5 a class. Pay as you come....
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    me too!!!! Going to Zumba tonight!
  • Disneyfan05
    Disneyfan05 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We walk and go for bike rides. I also have a new workout dvd and I just bought a core trainer by danskinNow. You just have to find something that keeps you going.
  • Disneyfan05
    Disneyfan05 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    LOL my daughter is going to ride her bike and I am going to walk at the bay in about 20 minutes. when the weather is good.....I am outside!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Nope, sorry. I LOVE it. Crave it in fact.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for folks for MOTIVATION!!! I'm on this journey and if your on here...your on the same road I'm traveling...so let's save on GA$ an do this together...I was always told the more the merrier! So what are you waiting for SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST!
  • susanhacking
    Options
    i hate exercising but will give it a go by walking the dog for 40 min a day :smile:
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am not really a fan of exercising either. But I don't mind walking. I have an incline trainer that I walk on daily and I walk my dog when the weather allows.