What does everyone do for a living?

Options

Replies

• cz611
    cz611 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Worked in Probation for 8 years, have an MBA degree and now I'm a stay at home mom....I quit my job to be a more "hands on mom" and now I get peed on, pooped on and puked on by my two little ones regularly....Yeah, I know....super glamorous :laugh:
  • slyast
    slyast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm an Archivist and I work with museum collections :) I love what I do, but there is A LOT of sitting - oh, I also bartend twice a month to keep myself active and grounded.
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm an electrician in the navy.. and I'm pretty sure anybody with access and time to get on the computer while at work will do so.. Chill out!!
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a medic in the Air Force. I love it!
  • tconklin
    tconklin Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a Process Improvement Project manager at a Bank. VERY busy. I have to exercise either before or after work even though I'm running back to forth from meetings all day I don't count any of that as exercise. The first two years here I was averaging 60-80 hrs a week so it completely threw off my exercise and good eating routine. My schedule is finally down to 45-50hrs so I'm refocused and excited to get back in the shape I was before starting this job.
  • tara12riley
    Options
    I work as front desk manager at a resort on Sanibel Island in Florida, Love my job, sun, water and sand!!! : )
  • Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I sit all day and live off American tax dollars.

Uhto....I bet that is pretty sedentary???
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job (Records Clerk at a physician's office), so I don't get alot of activity while I'm at work unless I have to go downstairs for some reason. That's why I have my activity level set to lightly active instead of active (I only work three full days/wk, and when I'm not at work, I'm rarely sitting still). Hoping to make a career change, though. Looking into going back to school soon.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I WAS a bank teller full time and restaraunt and store training manager on the lake part time. CONSTANT walking, lifting, ect. (With a newborn was very hectic on my feet all day).

up until few months ago.

Now, am an administrative assistant in an office floating on the Ohio River for a Tug Boat company. Luckily I dont get 'sea sick.'
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    I am an auditor for caterpillar
  • bananapopsicle1
    bananapopsicle1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a courier, so i'm very active at work; in and out of the truck 60-70 times a day; lifting and walking. When I signed up I did select active for job (i'm sure, can't really remember, so I probably get extra calories)... but because I have done it for so long my body is used to that exercise so I don't count it in my exercise log daily, as it is not enough for me to lose weight (gotta adjust my eating and challenge myself with exercise) I think If your activity level at your job has changed, I would count it towards exercise, as it is new activity and challenges your body and tires you out more. As you get used to it and add other exercises to your daily routine, down the road you may feel like it's not enough of a workout to add it daily, but you may change your profile to reflect a more active job level. :happy:
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I'm a nanny and a student
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Special Education Teacher. I also coach Special Olympics athletes in flag football, bowling, floor hockey, tennis, basketball, and track & field.
  • prawnie1975
    Options
    i work in a well know retail card shop
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am a professional and full time MFPer
  • Robinsond61
    Options
    I'm a student, going to be a senior at UAlbany. Crim Justice major and Sociology minor.
  • Thor2020
    Thor2020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Math Professor at a small college in Texas.

That's awesome, What school in TX? I grew up in South East TX. Tiny town called Groves

It's north of Dallas called Collin College.....but I grew up in Beaumont and know exactly where Groves is! Ever been to Taco Rey in Nederland??
  • VickyFine
    VickyFine Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm a retired teacher. I have a disability due to a failed back surgery so get little exercise except for my stationary bike and what little waking I can do.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Network Engineer / Sys. Admin
  • desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Librarian.