Stress

Options
i am so stressed out because of work. needless to say i work for a huge world wide company and no matter what our title is or how many promotions we have accomplished, we are still just a number and we do not matter. i know i should not complain about having a job but i am so tired of not getting recognized for all of the hard work i have put in and all of the extra unpaid time i take to help this company out. yes i am trying to make a name for myself and i do not need praise for the things i do, but every now and then its kind of nice to be noticed. what can i do to keep my hopes up and motivation and not let this corporate company get me down no matter how crappy they are? a lot of people say just dont worry about it but i am not built that way. i can not just forget or not think about it.

ps. i am looking for another job lol im not just staying at this place for the heck lol

Replies

• jenypri
    jenypri Posts: 46
    Options
    You know, there is nothing wrong with wanting praise or needing it. Actually I took a class the other day and surprisingly a statistic that they threw out the other day is: The reason people quit their jobs the most, is not because of money like most of us think, its because of recognition.
    I think its only human to want to be recognized for the work we put in and have someone appreciate that. If you are not happy, economy be damned, life is waaaaaay to short for you to work a job you just arent happy in.
    I think its easy for people to say "you should be happy that you have a job", but in reality, I think its worse to work in job you dread every day or are treated like a slave or a number. We arent cattle, and I think that all plays in knowing your worth. I am proud of you for knowing your worth, do what you have to do girl!
  • kaitbarb
    kaitbarb Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you so much. Your post actually help a lot :)
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You should read the book the five love languages. Think yours is affirmation. Its the way you feel appreciated/loved and the opposite of affirmation is how you get hurt the most. :) So you thrive under praise and don’t under criticism. My top love language is affirmation. :) I understand. Plus women in general are more emotional too. We also are able to sense body language, emotion, and tone more then men so we tend to feel things harder too. Its hard when you have a confrontational male boss who likes to yell. ;) While you can't change the people around you, you can change your way of thinking and taking things in. AND you can still influance them for the better. Be the influancer and don't give up.
  • joanie1313
    joanie1313 Posts: 17
    Options
    I worked in a job like that and my advice is RUNNNNNNNN. Get out as fast as you can. I did that for 30 years and kick myself now for it. I have a job now that pays a little less but I look forward to waking up and coming to work. Small MA and Pa operation here and I work my butt off as I am the only full time employee so It all falls on me but I love love love what I do.
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    i am so stressed out because of work. needless to say i work for a huge world wide company and no matter what our title is or how many promotions we have accomplished, we are still just a number and we do not matter. i know i should not complain about having a job but i am so tired of not getting recognized for all of the hard work i have put in and all of the extra unpaid time i take to help this company out. yes i am trying to make a name for myself and i do not need praise for the things i do, but every now and then its kind of nice to be noticed. what can i do to keep my hopes up and motivation and not let this corporate company get me down no matter how crappy they are? a lot of people say just dont worry about it but i am not built that way. i can not just forget or not think about it.

ps. i am looking for another job lol im not just staying at this place for the heck lol

Hi, My hubby Eirc works at Idle Hour Country Club they are looking for somebody for all positions.. Hope that help ya..
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You spend most of your life at work so my suggestion is do something you enjoy, be around the people you enjoy or you'll be a very unhappy person :P

Life's too short to stress! I have stress at my job, no doubt. Due to deadlines and paperwork! But, as soon as 3:30pm hits I'm off for another day and headed home. The last thing I think about is work :) As long as you put in 100% and are confident to say so, there's no shame in leaving more for tomorrow - You're just one person!

I hope you'll find something you really enjoy but until then chin up and be proud that you know you're doing the best possible work you can under the cicumstances!
  • kaitbarb
    Options
    I want to thank each of you so much . Just reading your post makes me feel so much better. :)
  • kaitbarb
    Options
    haha i will totally keep that in mind ! :)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Those long hours don't help with the exercise schedule or eating right do they? I know. :-(