That One Person....

Options
13»

Replies

• NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    All of these are great reminders why I gave up the gym and took up pavement...

I really don't miss all of these people. I think their clones all went to my gym on one occasion or another.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    there are other people in the gym?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    That is the cutest mental image ever. I wasn't imagining a jump rope at all, just a 50yo man frolicking up and down the gym like a young girl in a flower field.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    edit: There's this one girl... She must be in her early twenties. She comes to the gym dressed REALLY skimpy. I mean whatever floats your boat, doesn't bother me. But then she sits on the hip abductor (Or the gynecology machine as I like to call it :wink: )
    and she talks to aaaaaaaaaall the good looking men around, while sitting, not actually doing the exercise, just at the widest possible position so her legs are spread out like a gymnast. LOL. It just looks INSANE. I've only seen her actually do it twice, and both times she isn't doing it properly, anyway... Oh geez. Definitely is entertaining to watch the men trip over themselves to talk to her though.

Sooo... which gym is this at? Just so I uh... know which gym to avoid?
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... that guy sounds awesome. Why am I hearing that 80's song 'Safety Dance' in my head while picturing this guy? lol

I have a few at my gym - all in the pool. Fist there's this group - It's a family I think - like 8 people, all extremely overweight. They are all annoying as hell and stand in the deepest part of the pool (where all the people actually exercising swim) and just stand around in the water laughing (or cackling - it's the loudest, most annoying laughs I've ever heard) or just basically hogging up the pool and being rude. Seriously, it's like a trailer park cookout and there all just there for the gossip and flatulence (more like fatulance). It drives me and everyone else there nuts. It's seriously like the trailer park version of the Klumps. Even more annoying is that they stand around talking about how good they are doing with their exercise, when none of them are even exercising in the pool - just standing around in everyone's way. I hate them.. passionately.

There's also this Asian woman who comes there all the time and swims like a duck through the water, and with every stroke, she takes a huge gulp of water in her mouth and then spews it out like an italian fountain. It is SO incredibly disgusting and unsanitary (for her and the people in the pool). First off - who would ever want to even get oublic pool water even near their mouth - you know that shiz is full of nasties. Even worse though, is that the rest of us now get to bathe in her germs. I want to hurl just thinking about it. I finally said something to her about it being grotesque and she just smiles and goes, hee hee, no speaky English (even though she speaks perfect English and had no trouble with the word "b*tch" which I heard her mumble as I swam to a less contaminated area of the pool.
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "I completely misunderstood what you meant by skipping until the second to last sentence. I had this image of this 50 year old dude skipping like a school girl at the gym. Talk about a good laugh."

I'm 47 and skip - the kind without the rope - with my two girls... one is four and one almost seven. They get the biggest kick out of it! Turns heads in the mall, too!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    "I completely misunderstood what you meant by skipping until the second to last sentence. I had this image of this 50 year old dude skipping like a school girl at the gym. Talk about a good laugh."

I'm 47 and skip - the kind without the rope - with my two girls... one is four and one almost seven. They get the biggest kick out of it! Turns heads in the mall, too!

You, sir, are awesome. That is all.
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    For no one to be watching him, you sure do know a lot about what he is doing. Also, what the heck is debraining?

hahahahaha! true! he annoys me so much. Its like a car wreck, you know you should look but you just cant look away. I have been trapped by watching him before. Last time i watched him skip. he made me endure 45 minutes of skipping tutorials and then proceeded to teach me how to do push ups. At one point i got so desperate to be free i said, "just got to go to the bathroom. Excuse me." to which he said, "No problem, I will be working out a while yet." :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    Also de-braining. To remove ones brain from ones head. opposite of braining- which would be to place the brain inside an individuals head.
    I also may have made those words up. But what the hell, Shakespear made up thousands of words and look where he is today. :laugh:
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

I also may have made those words up. But what the hell, Shakespear made up thousands of words and look where he is today. :laugh:

6 feet under? Just sayin... ;) But I love your terminology
  • jcomley1
    Options

wow arent you just a bucket of sunshine! Do us a favour, take your attitude and stay off the forums and dont feel the need to comment if you dont give a cr@p. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. thanks ever so much.
  • jcomley1
    Options

6 feet under? Just sayin... ;) But I love your terminology

hahahahhaha true!!!!!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

wow arent you just a bucket of sunshine! Do us a favour, take your attitude and stay off the forums and dont feel the need to comment if you dont give a cr@p. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. thanks ever so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evKOibP6_Yw
    :frown:
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm a member at a very large club in my area and for some reason all the old men love to walk around the locker room slinging their little thingies around. Not like they have just got tenout of the shower and walked back to their locker to get dressed. They brush their teeth, blow-dry their hair, have group discussions, floss, etc butt naked. Why? lol

Yes, and when one is talking to the other, one will always put their outside leg up on the bench while they talk. i could never figure that out. Is it an offer? What the deal? People are weird.

This!

Apparently, the ability to give even a single *kitten* is among the first faculties to deteriorate in our old age. I'm going to have so much fun when I'm old enough to get away with that kind of thing. (Not necessarily standing around naked in a locker room, but you know, similar things.)
  • jasonthekidd
    Options
    edit: There's this one girl... She must be in her early twenties. She comes to the gym dressed REALLY skimpy. I mean whatever floats your boat, doesn't bother me. But then she sits on the hip abductor (Or the gynecology machine as I like to call it :wink: )
    and she talks to aaaaaaaaaall the good looking men around, while sitting, not actually doing the exercise, just at the widest possible position so her legs are spread out like a gymnast. LOL. It just looks INSANE. I've only seen her actually do it twice, and both times she isn't doing it properly, anyway... Oh geez. Definitely is entertaining to watch the men trip over themselves to talk to her though.

Exactly the same question I was thinking!
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    smelly dude who always wears the same outfit and apparently never washes it. OH. MY. GOD. I can smell you from across the room, and it's quite vomit-inducing when I'm out of breath from doing burpees. Also, there isn't enough Lysol in the world that will make me get on the bench after you've used it.

^THIS!
    I met this man for the first time today, while I was on the elliptical. I was there first and he gets on the machine right next to me! I tried so hard to tough it out, but I started getting a headache and gagging from the stench. I kept my head turned the entire time and he kept looking over at me. I was hoping when I abruptly stopped that he'd ask me "do I smell or something?" because I would have gladly told him the truth!
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Exactly the same question I was thinking!

LOLOLOL.

It's a small gym in Montreal in case you're in the area ;)
  • Mayhew85
    Mayhew85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Two guys in my gym doing weights, constantly measuring there arms and giving each other the patented slap on the *kitten*
    with the booming " YEAH !!! YOU KILLED IT FAM !!! shouting across the gym to see who's looking and who gives a s**t !!
    Just kiss each other and get it over with !! ha ha
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    People who curl in the squat rack. Fckers there are only 2 squat racks. Get out of there.
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand people who talk on the phone while they're on cardio machines. I was always under the impression that if you're able to talk a lot, you're not working hard enough... Plus, these people always seem to have to YELL into their phones.