Anyone have 200+ to lose?

Options
Or if you've already lost 200+ can you post pictures and what you did to get there?

I am so huge, and I just hope I can stick with everything this time to finally lose weight. I see people who say they need to lose so much, and i wish I was even at their STARTING weight! It's so intimidating, I know this is going to take forever.

Replies

• after_the_rain
    Options
    bump :) nobody?
  • lindsayforlife
    lindsayforlife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I started, I had close to 200 pounds to lose. My highest was 346lbs. It's been a little over a year since I started MFP and to be honest, I haven't been trying as hard as I could be. To get this first 50 pounds off I just try to make healthier choices and try to be a bit more active. The biggest change I made was limiting pop, fast food and junk food and I dropped quite a bit of weight that way. I struggle with every meal and most days I succumb to some sort of temptation but I'm trying hard to get back on track. All we can do is take it one meal and one walk at a time. You're not alone in this, trust me!
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with the amount of weight I have to lose. I've decided not to focus on the big picture but to set small attainable goals for myself. The more I concentrate on today and not the future in my weight loss journey the more I feel like I'm going in the right direction. It will take a long time but we're worth it. I've made several friends here on MFP that are helping everyday with encouraging words and going through the same struggles I am. I know I'm not alone in this journey. Feel free to add me if you need another weight loss buddy...:smile:
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I haven't had huge success lately, but what I've decided to do is focus on a small goal. Right now my goal is to loose 5 pounds. That's still a decent amount of weight. in my opinion. So one day at a time. Small changes. No soda, no junk. Drink water.
  • after_the_rain
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! You all are right to focus on teh small and imminent goals but it's just so daunting, even when I lose 100 pounds I'll be huge! I've been just over the 300's since I was in the teens and then after having my 2 kids I was around the 340's in 2010. Which is bad enough on its own. But then I had some health issues and was put on a medication (Coumadin) that caused me to gain 34 pounds in 3 weeks with no changes to my diet or exercise. So I never lost that and have been around 375 for the last year plus. Then in May I had the same health issues again and had to have surgery on my legs and my legs swelled so much while I was in the hospital that I went from 378 to 414 in one week!! UGH!!! That is my highest weight ever and it absolutely disgusts me!! But it was good to have the wake up call, for some reason 300 wasn't much of a wake up call, but 400 sure was! I've only started logging my food on here and exercising regularly less than 2 weeks ago but it just feels like it will take soooo long. I just hope I can stick with it!!