my face is gross!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I had issues with this when i first started eating better and when i switch up exercise. Gets better after a few weeks x
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    bump ... can't wait to read all of the great suggestions!
  • Dretza
    Dretza Posts: 1
    Options
    i have intermittent break outs, a friend referred me to DHC products, i ordered them for myself and my daughter who's 13, absolutely love the deep cleansing oil, and the salicyclic face milk for moisture, their acne line is the only one so far that my daughter has tried where it didnt burn her face.
    http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/Category.aspx?Catalog=DHC+USA&Category=Productlines/Salicylicacne
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Just an idea here... but have you made any recent changes or bigger changes to your DIET? perhaps it's not the extra exercise alone that's causing breakouts. could be a food allergy or simply your body getting healthy and getting rid of bad substances through your skin... your skin is the largest organ in your body and filters a whole bunch of stuff. it could also be hormonal changes based on increasing your amount of general activity and the way you feed your body. Have you noticed anything else that is seemingly unrelated, but could be hormonally based?

THIS!

I actually found that by making sure I was drinking more water my face cleared up. Washing it more actually made it worse because I was drying out my skin so badly.
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My breakouts stopped once I started washing my sweaty towels with antibacterial soaps.
    this^^ and once the toxins started to work out of my body it cleared up
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I get this problem occasionally, but on my back. :(
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    First off unfortunately we are all different and like weightloss what works for some may not work for all.

With that out of the way I do agree with drinking a lot of water it does help alot I had acne all my life and finally have been able to controll it. In my case drinking enough water and finding non cloging lotions and foundations plus a nice wash has helped me.

For lotion I use Olay Complete Combination dry/oily with SPF 15 (I swear their biggest bottle I think 4oz maybe more lasts me like the whole year) I dont wear it often just when I feel my skin dry but I do put some around my eyes all the time.

For foundation I use Revlon ColorStay Normal/Dry Sking with SPF 15 this I do wear daily and one bottle lasts me for like 3months

For wash I use either Neutrogena Redness Soothing Gentle Scrub Oil-Free Acne or St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub they both have been working for me.

Good luck hope you find what works for you soon.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I swear by my Clairsonic face brush (mia). It's pricey and I think there are cheaper versions, but it is AMAZING.

Oh yeah! I have a Nutrasonic face brush that is similar to the Clairsonic but less expensive. Its Awesome, and has helped a ton! I didn't realize how much gunk was left after washing and using a toner.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Get some wipes to take with you! Don't work out with any make up on.. I started breaking out too.. it is gross. I use baby wipes to get sweat off, then take a shower and scrub!
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    She recommends a bit of castor oil and olive oil(extra virgin). It is way interesting and makes awesome sense! http://simplemom.net/oil-cleansing-method/ I am going to look as see if she recommends a home remedy for dry, aging skin.

I looked it up because I think so many expensive lotions and other things are such a rip off and don't work many times.

denise:drinker: :drinker:

Done the Oil Cleansing Method, too. I've read that it can also help with dry skin, but you would use less of the castor oil than the 30% or so recommended for acne. As a warning, it WILL pull all kinds of stuff out and can cause a breakout or two when you first start using it. You have to experiment with the ratios to find what works best for your skin type so that you're not overdrying with the castor oil, but also not leaving an oil spill behind with the olive oil. I heartily recommend only mixing a small amount at a time, as you don't need much at all and you don't want the olive oil to turn.
  • laj3918
    laj3918 Posts: 28
    Options
    wash first. wash after. i like clean & clear...
  • frefrebelle
    frefrebelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am so glad this got posted, I thought it was just me - I have spent the last 4 months moaning about having wrinkles and spots!

Will try the tips on here now.

Thanks everyone and good luck :)